3CX SQL Database

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ntnetzeband, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntnetzeband

Hello,

I am trying to generate some call reports by connecting to the 3CX database. We need to run more automated reports than just the normal Call Reports function.

I understand that the 4 cl_ tables are where the call history data is stored but I'm having trouble finding out how they are all linked together. The IDs don't seem to match through each table and I can't connect all the information together properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

2. Sopock

Sopock Member

China could be a reason :|

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tertius

I need to do a similar task. In planning and design I read in a few places that the DB Tables kind of swapped tasks/purpose here and there. Besides that point, I am also struggling to figuring out what I should be querying. No luck, and I'm tempted to start logging the data I'm looking for myself.

Good Luck, Please let me know if you're found anything helpful

4. ntnetzeband

I got this response from 3CX Support regarding the database connection:

"In regards to the the Database tables, please note that there is purposely no documentation online as the 3CX Database is not supposed to be accessed. Also any error that steps from accessing the Database renders any and all support void until the system has been uninstalled, re-installed without restoring any backups, as any corrupted data will be carried over to the new install (all data will be lost). VoIP System are Real-Time and database access time is crucial, so if you are running a large query on the database, and a critical 3CX process requires access to it and delays more than expected, this could cause a corruption.
    If you acknowledge the above and still want to proceed, you may do so at your own risk.

For the same reasons outlined above, unfortunately we cannot disclose any information about where the data is stored and in what format."

5. Tertius

Hello again,

So I've come to 2 possible options, a) Make use of CDR Logs feature to capture data. b) Make use of CallControl/Phone API to write events to my own DB.

I've only just started using CDR Logs so I won't talk much about them. I've been logging/capturing required data with the help of the APIs. Then I can go ahead and build my required reports from the alternate DB.

Hope this helps

6. kousinovaliskostas

I'am interesting about it too.
    Where can find the logs and and CallControl/Phone API?
    Thank you

7. loyer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.