3CX stops receiving calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by killerbyte, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerbyte

Hi all

So I have a weird little problem with only one of my on-premises installations.

About once a week the site will be unable to receive calls. The trunks are up, all the services are running, but no calls. It doesn't ring when you phone them, it doesn't get to the IVR, it doesn't even show up on the incoming calls list.

I have to restart the entire server. Once it has booted then everything works.
    There are only two things that run on this Windows machine. 3CX and the UniFi controller (for the WiFi).
    All my other sites that have this same setup work perfectly.

Anybody got any ideas?

2. saqqara16

3. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

You can make outbound calls on those trunks ?
    Did you run wireshark on the 3cx server to see if any sip traffic comes in when someone calls their number ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you say the trunks are up, do you mean they show as registered? If that is the case, then not long before, there was two way communication with the provider. What happens if an incoming call is attempted? Does it fail with a recording from your provider? You say there is no sign in the logs of these calls? Have you asked your provider what they are "seeing" during this time?
    Was this working properly atone time at this site? Was the router, firewall, or any hardware changed?

5. killerbyte

Hi
    So last night I did a full uninstall and then installed v15.5. I also made sure Windows was up to date with the latest patches.
    So far so good.
    To answer the questions in this thread:
    I did not use wireshark to fault find.
    The SIP trunk was registered but the providers default answer message didnt kick in because the trunk was registered leading me to believe the 3CX system was the issue.
    No hardware or network changes have occured in the last 6 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.