• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Stun NAT IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB1

Reaction score
Hi,

The stun server doesn't seem to be detecting my external IP and is instead sending the internal NAT IP to my VOIP provider.
I have a dynamic IP address, is there no way of using my domain name?

Thanks.

Try:
stun2.3cx.com
stun3.3cx.com
stun4.3cx.com

It could be a temporary problem. Can you ping stun.3cx.com ?
Was this working before ?

Regards

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, but still no joy. Is there no way of entering my domain name and having 3CX resolve the IP?

Regards,

Hallo forum,

I have exactly the same problem attempting to connect to my main provider but let me provide additional details...

I am running two separare 3cx server systems, one on my pc physically connected to my router, the other on my laptop connecting to my router via wireless.

On my pc the application functions 100% and my external IP is presented to my provider but on my laptop, exactly the same settings, with the exception of port numbers which are all correctly forwarded in my router, I keep trying to send my private IP.
I have carried out the firewall check, all good, I have checked I can ping the stun servers, also all good and I also have an ap that checks my external address every 15 mins [also same on PC] but I can not get my external address out to my provider.

Further note that I have configured a bridge between the two machines, all good. I also have on my laptop another account which is normally deactivated so that I only access the service from my main pc, but if I do activate this service, this registers and I can make and receive calls.

So any ideas as to why I am attempting to send my private IP address to one provider and not others would be appreciated.

Get back to me if anything is unclear :)

Thanks in advance,

Antler

I would like to post some wire shark logs, but I am not sure how to filter them. Do I just restrict the capture to port 3478?

Regards.

Hi there,

I am also attempting to get a wireshark trace together but things not going according to plan!

Antler.

MB1 said:
Thank you for your suggestion, but still no joy. Is there no way of entering my domain name and having 3CX resolve the IP?

I'm not sure why 3CX needs to resolve your IP, it knows what your IP is using STUN.

STUN is used (through a series of tests) to determine what type of NAT your network uses and can be used to figure out the correct public IP to send to your provider, if things won't work any other way.

If you are talking about sending your URL to your provider.....

It would be up to your provider to accept a URL as your destination, and I don't think that is going to fly. It would mean that they would have to do a DNS lookup each and every time they wanted to "contact" you. You are sending a registration from a public IP every so many minutes (determined by them) , so even if your IP were to change , the next registration would send the new one. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Thank you. But this nstill leaves the problem of the stun server not resolving my ext IP. How do I setup wireshark to record stun traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.