3cx support for clustering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thefinisher, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefinisher

Hi

Does 3cx version 5 support clustering windows cluster actually any type of clustering. I did not see how to configure in the manual

thanks

2. Henk

Henk Member

Clustering is an OS functionality not a PBX functionality.

You can Cluster Windows and have multiple 3CX boxes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thefinisher

although cluster is OS a function the application still needs to be cluster aware. if you have ever installed a cluster aware on a windows cluster (like microsoft exchange microsoft SQL etc) the application needs to register a cluster resource(s) with the cluster server which then controls the application, so failover can be implemented under specific conditions. thus most cluster aware applications have a seperate instuctions for clustering their products verses the stand alone product installation.

I need the 3cx PBX to fail ove if there a hardware/software problem to the another node. I was told v5 would support windows clustering so looking for the instuctions, need this for project in which one the requirements was clustering support, 3cx is good product but this is may be a deal breaker.

Thanks

4. Henk

Henk Member

I could be wrong (I am not useing V5 and stopped useing 3CX a while back) but I think the software will not be that smart.

It without a doubt supports clustering but I do not think it will do it at a level such as SQL etc.

But I could be wrong.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. thefinisher

I have gotten some other applications with limited cluster support to work with windows cluster services by creating "generic cluster resources" and replicating the register settings to the other passive node. There are ways to do it but I need information about internal workings of the application, such as registery entries and the where the configuation settings are stored like the phone extensions, gatways, voicemail, database locations etc are kept in order to know how to configure the cluster resources.

I told before V5 had support for clustering and the instructions would be in the manual but Ihave not find any information yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.