• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX support SWYX Dect phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan Butt

Free User
Reaction score
Hello dear,

I hope all are well, I am new to this 3cx System and I'm working with SWYX IP based phone. Anyone knows that how we can configure this Swyx dect phone with 3CX system. An help will be much appreciated.

i am very thankful to you.

I have tested Swyx a couple of years ago and if I recall like 3CX it is is pretty open standard (unless there have been drastic changes made), although there are benefits to using their own phones.

Normally with DECT the bases register to the system and handsets register to base - but as you can probably see from the interface of 3CX there is no generic option for DECT.

You could perhaps try manually registering these to extensions (like the old method of FXS) but I cannot say if this will work or not - unless critical I would simply get some Yealink W52's as they are very cost-effective.

Thank you for yor response. I will try to register it manually and let u know whether it works or not..

I have just tested but unsuccesssfull could you please let me know how I can added these dect phone manually

As a first step, I would look at the 3CX Activity Log, to see if there is something indicating a registration attempt. If not, then the (3CX) server information (IP/FQDN), and port settings, should be re-examined. If there is a log, it should give a clue as to what is failing (user/password?). If the device is set-up remote, it may also be a STUN setting issue. The extension, must also be set to allow (an option) remote registrations.

Reactions: Adnan Butt
Hello @Adnan Butt

I would recommend using a 3CX supported device from the list below to avoid any manual configuration and guess work. Also since these devices are not tested by 3CX we cannot guarantee that they will work without issues and we can not provide instructions on how to add them to the system. https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Reactions: Adnan Butt
HI @YiannisH_3CX

I think so you are right as the 3cx doesn't support this SWYX Dect Phone, as the device is not listed under the suppoerted SIP Phones...

Thank you again for everyone who helped me..

Glad we could assist. As additional information i believe that the Swyx 500 is an RTX base and if it is running the stock firmware can be added to the 3CX PBX using the Snom template. The Swyx 800 is Ascom and can be made to work with the standard firmware but will require manual configuration which unfortunately we are not aware of.

HI @YiannisH_3CX

Finally, I have configured the SWYX Dect IP Phone in to 3cx ..

Unfortunately I was just entering the wrong Registrar Address

Well, Thank you guys for your kind support.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.