3CX system Cisco SPA Handset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PaulGarcia, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulGarcia

Is there a way to use the Ciasco SPA504G (3CX approved) handset, so the {call} forwading {on busy} soft button works?
    i.e. in the Provisioning? Any guides on setup, etc? Thanks. Or even to remove the soft options so users dont get excited :oops: by such a feature? Thanks.

{ } added later, as my original question not clear.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying about the Forwarding soft button.

However the provisioning template is located in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones
    Keep in mind though that making any changes to these files voids any 3CX Support.

Also you might want to have a look at the following link which says how to create custom templates:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/phone-provisioning-templates

3. PaulGarcia

Sorry, please let me be more specific.

...we have a 3CX system (its great). We have Cisco SPA504G handsets, as on the apporved list. The Cisco phone are all provisioned correctly and work well.

Like most handsets the Cisco handset has the ability on their dial pad to "forward calls", "forward on busy", etc. However when this is pressed on the handset nothing actually changes on the 3CX system to make the feature work. I am happy to delve into provioning templates, and manuals, but I can not find any information anywhere about this, in my mind, basic function. Any help or direction would be greatfully recived...

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that most phones are able to be used on a variety of systems and therefore may have settings that are not applicable to a particular system. 3CX uses the status of the extension owner to direct how a call is handled. 3CX allows you to pre-set a different call handling routine for each owner status such that you use a dial code or the 3CX Phone client software to alter the status of the extension. Should a call come in, the system will check the status of the phone (busy, unregistered, etc.)and the status of your availability (available, away, out-of-office, etc.) and then, based upon the aforementioned conditions, invoke the rule that applies.

Many phones allow you to edit the softkeys such that a function that is not needed can be removed or changed to something else.

5. PaulGarcia

Great, that sounds like what I am looking for. i.e. based on how the handset condition, a diferent action is taken by 3CX. All I want is to be able for the user to somehow (any way) tell 3CX that the call should be forwared when the user want too.

I only want to edit the softkeys so that 3CX understands the condition. And this is the advice I am after.

And lastly I have yet tro come accross a phone system that wont let a user simply apply a condition to resend the call. i.e. please forward all to xxxnumber.

6. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Use the 3CXPhone app in CTI to make those changes.
    I typically mod the SPA template files first because the BLF configs are just dumb.. but also for disabling some of these very features the phone users get confused over.. such as cfwd and dnd. All too often I addressed a "problem" which they made themselves. Those features stay at the handset only.. there is no SIP-based dialog back to the PBX at all when they are employed.. so the PBX won't know until a call is routed to the handset... thus the "problem".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.