• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX System on Hosted server

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshad

Reaction score
Posible to run on hosted server?

Hi,

If you mean a dedicated server or a virtual private server in a Datacentre then yes. I've being doing this for about 5 months now.

There are advantages and disadvantages to this

1. Multiple high speed connections to the internet
2. No NAT on the hosted machine
3. Server in a secure location
4. Great for clients with multiple locations

Disadvantages

1. No fall back to PSTN directly albeit you can possibly set this with your voip provider for call delivery (incoming)
2. No easy access directly to the hardware, everything done remotely
3. Make the integration with skype more difficult as often these computers do not have or support sound devices.

There will be other factors as well but I add these here to encourage further thought

Jonathan Hamon

Thank you for your clear information.

Now I believe, it is not possible to run 3CX without access to windows in any how

What are advantages of PSTN or GSM gateway direct to 3CX? Can we use indirect?

Dear tpinnovations
Oops its posible. i dint know that
Thank you
i have chked your links. might be consider this

Yes it can be done & we have been doing it sence V3.1 for
two year now. We have 3cx servers in two data centers.

(sipero quote) There are advantages and disadvantages to this

1. Multiple high speed connections to the internet
2. No NAT on the hosted machine
3. Server in a secure location
4. Great for clients with multiple locations (great for clients as a whole)

Disadvantages (depends on your client)

1. No fall back to PSTN directly albeit you can possibly set this with your voip provider for call delivery (incoming)
2. No easy access directly to the hardware, everything done remotely (don't allways need direct access)
3. Make the integration with skype more difficult as often these computers do not have or support sound devices. (this will change)

ecwilson

1. If you setup VPN you can integrate a PSTN line into the system. You may have some voice delay but it will work.
2. If you purchase a dedicated server, or a hosted solution, you don't need to worry about hardware.
3. I wouldn't recommend Skype as a primary provider, It just screams bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.