3cx system over VPN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nexus, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nexus

Hello,

Similar topics have been created before, but this scenario is a little bit different and have some more variations.
    The network is as follows;

Head office :
    Network : 192.168.0.0
    Subnet : 255.255.255.0
    Gateway : 192.168.0.100 (Fortigate)
    3cx server : 192.168.0.3 (Testing purpose, extensions 4xxx)
    Alcatel PBX : 192.168.0.246 (Main PBX, extensions 1xxx)

Branch :
    Network : 192.168.1.0
    Subnet : 255.255.255.0
    Gateway : 192.168.1.100 (Zyxel)
    External IP Phone : 192.168.1.36 (assigned by DHCP)

There is a site-to-site VPN established between gateways and working fine for various applications (including an already installed FXS gateway)
    The server is configured to communicate with the Alcatel PBX and working great. It can call extensions on the Alcatel without any problems, and also receiving calls from Alcatel, using PSTN lines on Alcatel etc... Both External IP Phone and the 3cx Client software is working great locally.
    When I connected the IP Phone to the network at the branch office and it successfully registered to the 3cx server in head office via VPN, called the extensions of Alcatel without any problems, had good 2-way audio quality. But when some extension from Alcatel calls the IP Phone in branch office, the audio is only 1-way; i can hear the person in the head office, but he can not hear me. I did not test calling the IP Phone with 3cx client...

I talked to someone that is familiar with another brand of a SIP server, he told me that maybe because the 3cx server is assuming the branch office as another subnet...Sounds wierd but i just looked at the FAQ in here, i saw some INI file modification recommendations. The parametere [localsubnets] seem to be related with my problem but i did not have the chance to test yet.

Is there anyone with any ideas ?

Thanks for any replies...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.