3CX System requirements

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by walter_ps2, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walter_ps2

I don't find any about System requirements for 3CX. I read only about OS and nothing else.
    Can it work well on a little Pentium III with 1GB Ram ? 3CX need more power than that ?

thanks...

2. h2009

h2009 Member

Yes its can work on any low spec machine.
    But really it depends on how many concurrent calls you are planning to make.

The only problems with low spec machines is that the problem of echoing, delay, lag, etc can be more likely to happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Actually it will work fine on such a machine.

If you are using a quality gateway and phone, then the phone and gateway will do a lot of the processing, so you will be able to run 3CX on a low spec machine, or maybe better still install it on a good server which has other apps installed (i.e you dont need to dedicate it). You can also virtualize 3CX.

Of course it depends on how big your network is. I am assuming you are not talking 1000 extensions here :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. walter_ps2

Tanks for your reply.
    My LAN is little we have only 3 PC in the net and I want to buy a server to use only for 3CX.
    Actually we manage 2-3 calls simultaneously.

5. arpa

You will not have a problem with the P3 .
    In my company I have an IBM with 2 Pentium3 @ 1000 Mhz and 1Gb Ram, 3SCSI RAID HD , Windows 2003 SBS, with Fax Server, SQL , enabled, I use it for the ERP . I have installed the 3CX server on it with no problem. We speak simultaneously 4-5 people without problem. Go for it !

6. walter_ps2

GREAT 8) , thank you...

7. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

My 3CX Server is also installed on a P3 1.1GHz with 1GB RAM with Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition installed and it's working fine with 8 extensions now, I think you should never have any problem with your setup.

8. ertrino

What are the requirements if maximum simultaneous calls will be around 200-400?

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

That would be a 1000 user system or something similar? Well you would need a pretty powerful system for that - i'd say a dual processor machine with 4 gig ram... A fast network card (1 gigabit) would be required too.

10. ricorocks1

Don't laugh, but we have this on a P3 with windows xp pro and 250 mg ram! It works! We normally only have one call at a time (we're a little office but most of our calls are international). If we everything goes crazy and we have two calls at the same time I'll let you all know how it goes!

11. nwhitfield

I'm presently running using Win XP Pro on a Via Mini-ITX system, which is a 600MHz C3 processor, with 1GB of memory. It's a bit slow starting up, and voicemail is pretty sluggish until everything's cached, but after that, it seems fine for my needs, replacing an ISDN2e line with a two channel SIP trunk.

There were some £100 Pentium desktop systems being flogged off by Morgan Computers recently, and I wondered if some of those might make reasonable entry-level PBX systems.

12. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Here are our findings on v8

P3 - 1.2GHz. - 1GB Ram - 200GB ATA 100, windows 2003R2 Standard works well, tested 8SC no problem.
    This is on a Asus TUSI-M machine (and running Skype + skype Gateway + fax server)

Atom - Windows XP PRO
    N270 8SC no problem XP Pro 1GB Ram (Max 2)
    N330 8SC no problem XP Pro 1GB Ram (Max 2)
    D510 (with 2GB Ram) Windows XP Pro 8SC + Splendid CRM + HMailserver No problem
    D510 (with 2GB Ram) Vista Business 8SC + Splendid CRM + HMailserver No problem
    D510 (with 2GB Ram) Winows 2003R2 8SC + Splendid CRM + HMailserver No problem
    D510 (with 2GB Ram) Windows 2003R2 x64 8SC + Splendid CRM + HMailserver No problem
    D510 (with 2GB Ram) Windows 2008R2 x64 8SC + Splendid CRM + HMailserver No problem

Note, an Atom D510 (Dual core HT) can be had for $70, add $23 for 1GB RAM, $39 for a 500 GB drive SATA and you are all set.

If Nick bumps us up on the NFR license we will test more connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.