3CX TAPI Driver

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Erling Computer, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erling Computer

Anybody using this (other than for Outlook)?

I'm hoping that if it's loaded as the default TAPI driver in Windows, 3rd party apps can have their TAPI call requests routed to the PBX, and initiate phone calls.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Murray Messelt
    Erling Computer Solutions
    Austin, TX

2. mikeyg

I am new to 3cx and have just down loaded and installed the free version along with 3cx assistant.

I cannot understand what the 3CX assistant does with the free version as nothing seems to register and the TAPI drive does not dial or connect either to the local extension or to the end (outbound) number.

Have I missed something or is this right - i.e I cannot use the 3CX features or the TAPI driver?

I have also tried to connect a third party SIP TAPI drive but also having problems here. IS there a TAPI driver that will work with outlook, ACT! and 3CX.

I do hope some one can help a complete newbie and IT novice.

Thank you in advance

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi

The free version is just to show what the assistant can do.

nothing is enabled in the free version. The extensions might be registered in reality but the assistant will just show everything grey and unregistered. this is expected.

Use a demo key to see what you are missing :)

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mikeyg

Can you provide or if not how do I get one.

Thank you.

Regards

Michael

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

To get outbound TAPI and Assistant functionality you need to purchase a commercial edition.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.