3CX Template for Yealink T49 Video Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Since 3CX has not made it available yet and the Yealink T49 is shipping figured i would post my template for the T49.

See attached zip containing two files.

The y000000000051-T49.cfg gets placed in the provisioning folder. Most likely located at:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\RANDOM FOLDER NAME\

The yealinkT49-Custom.ph.xml gets placed in the template folder. Most likely located at:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones

You need to download the T49 firmware from Yealink website. Version: T49-51.80.0.75.zip Extract the rom file and place the rom file yealink firmware folder. Most likely located at:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\RANDOM FOLDER NAME\firmware\yealink

NOTE: When you provision the phone it will automatically upgrade to 51.80.0.75 firmware.
    -------------------------
    Once the files are placed restart the web service. Either with IISRESET for IIS or restart the abbyss service.

Yealink T49-Custom will then show up as a phone model when provisioning.

Few things about the template. The template is wrote so that the keys located on the left and write side DO NOT get programmed from 3CX BLFs. The end user can press and hold to program there own keys. If you program the BLF keys in 3CX, the keys start on the first position when you bring up the DSS Menu on the T49. If you have one you will know what that means.

The background by default is going to be blue. If you want to set the background the template has it named LogoT49.jpg
    Place your background in: Most likely this location**
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\RANDOM FOLDER NAME\logo

If anyone finds something wrong in the template let me know and i will get it fixed and update it on this post.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

what are your overall impressions of the T49?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Overall i enjoy the phone, the video quality it has between T49 to T49 is very good. I was impressed by that.
    Functionality of the phone it has a lot of cool things such as WIFI on both 2.4 and 5GHz, the Bluetooth you can pair to your cellphone for not just contacts but for calling as well. So if someone calls your cellphone it will ring on the deskphone and can be answered there.
    One really nice thing is the screen is movable, that is one thing that we hear with the T46/T48 is how it is a fixed angle and sucks with glare at times.
    It is a bit expensive but when you compare its video abilities along side a Cisco or Polycom video phone it is in the ballpark.

The bads,
    1) The unit is not PoE. This one caught me off guard when i got it, through it was initially faulty.
    2) The unit does not have EHS, so it only supports bluetooth headsets. This one is a bummer but it is what it is.

Those are really the only two downfalls i have to say about the phone so far.

Really do enjoy the unit.

4. SHREK

Have you gotten it to work with v15?

5. ntnetzeband

We have a number of T49s in our business and they all come standard with 4 G.722.1 Codecs that cause audio issues with our SIP Trunk providers. Do you know of any way to disable these through the provisioning file instead of going to each phone and manually disabling them?

6. xantip

I tried your template with V15, but I can't provision the phone from the Phones screen. Manually installed 51.80.0.75 firmware. No change. When I create a new extension and add it (the template shows up, so that's not the problem) with the MAC address, it doesn't work either.
    Any ideas?

Best,

Jos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.