3CX terminate unexpectedly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmcairo, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmcairo

Hi,

I have a problem with my 3CX, it is already installed and working fine on the start of production but the problem is after the system is up for about 3 or more days, errors on 3CX application appears. There are times that it terminate unexpectedly (seen on application events) and some times it happened that it just hang (3CX web console is not responding, calls are not passing and extensions cant register / no logs can be seen from windows event logs). The temporary remedy is to have a maintenance restart of the system every night to avoid system failure during peak hours. Does any here got the same problem or related to this one. your experties and advise is much appreciated. I dont know where to find the source of this errors. This error ussually happens during peak hours where calls are almost 200 up and when are servers are not restarted during off peak.

Here is my setup details.

Server details;

Running on 2 servers (load balanced through F5 load balancer)
    Windows 2003 server OS
    HP proliant Servers

3CX;

3CX Version 3, licensed
    Approximately 200 simultaneous calls

Hope for your advise and help. thank you.

Regards,
    Jeff

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Jeff,

was having the same issues myself at a client site - intermittently the PBX service would either crash or else the system will go dead. Coincidentaly I am also using an HP Proliant server as my 3CX machine. Daily reboots did not help - what I've done was to reconstruct the PBX setup from scratch on an alternate machine, uninstall the previous version from the HP server, install latest build and import the new setup. (This was done after a long consultation with 3CX since it seemed like the crashes were causing some DB corruption).

This was done yesterday morning and so far (keeping my fingers crossed) there have been no crashes / failures so far. My HP server is a Proliant ML350 G4 running Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 incl. latest Windows Updates, latest Proliant Support Pack and Firmware. Hardware specs are Intel Xeon 3GHz with 4GB RAM / 2 x 72GB 15K SCSI RAID1 + 4 x 146GB 10K SCSI RAID5 on a Smart Array 64 controller with 128mb cache.

Regards,

Jonathan

3. jmcairo

Hi Jonathan,

I also tried migrating to different machine, did you shift from the same HP brand? my old setup was using HP DL380 G2 and now im using hp blade servers. So as per 3CS support it was a machine problem? let see if your new setup will work fine :) ... hahaha! Goodluck!

Regards,
    Jeff

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jeff,

actually the initial install was on Windows Server x64, then we strarted having crashes and reinstalled on same server but on Windows Server x86. We ported the backup from the x64 to x86 system.
    Following that and considering many other factors, we made a fresh install and reinputting everything manually on a parallel system and ported over to the x86 server again.

No one really knows what went wrong - hopefully we sorted the problem but only time will tell.

Jon

PS: 3CX support was excellent in assisting us during this whole issue so I suggest you contact them for further troubleshooting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.