3cx tie trunking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

have a question regarding on 3cx tie trunking using grandstream 4004 that is connected to a panasonic system.
    calls are being disconnected every 5mins. how can i resolve this issue?i think this is handle by the grandstream or the 3cx system because the panasonic is now just an extension that is receives phone calls.

Thanks,

STASH

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    You need to establish whether the calls are dropped by the gateway, 3CX or Panasonic. Try connecting a normal phone to an FXS port and see if the call drops after 5 minutes. It if does not, then it may be call supervision that is an issue. Perhaps on answer you need to send a "line reversal" to the panasonic, otherwise it may consider that the call is not answered. There may be some other line supervision method used.

Hope that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stash

stash New Member

Sir Richard,

i will check it one by one so i can really find out what is causing the dropping of calls. but in my idea i don't think panasonic should be considered because it was an extension and the one who control the call is the 3cx and gateway correct me if am wrong. where can i adjust that line supervision and the line reversal that you are saying? the gateway is Grandstream 4004.

Thanks,

STASH

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

The Grandstream 4004. There is a manual that you can download from Grandstream's support that is quite comprehensive. It will tell you what parameters you can change. The Panasonic most likely will be set to deal with the lines of the country that you are in.

Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.