• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX time server to SPA941

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_atmosphere

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just want to ask is there a way that my 3CX server PC will sync the time to a linksys SPA941?

Thanks

Sam

The Linksys devices that I've worked with require that you datafill an NTP server within. They don't take time and date settings from a SIP provider (3CX in this case). One reason for this is that the set could be located in any time zone in the world and may or may not be using the same date changes for the daylight/summer/fall transitions. Using an NTP server setting in the set allows the phone to show the correct local time no matter what time/date information comes from the provider. There was some discussion in the feature request forum a while back about sending time information from 3CX to a set, which would be useful if all sets were on a local LAN that had no internet access.

I usually set the time server to pool.ntp.org unless I have a domain controller I can point them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.