• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx to Asterisk Bridge - Invite failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooglec

Reaction score
I have a remote office connecting in to my main 3CX office, the remote office uses a legacy Asterisk system (nextix) and I'm having trouble getting them to connect.
I have a master bridge in 3CX and I created a tunnel on the Asterisk system (config as in image) which works fine, 3cx sees the bridge as up and I can call 3cx -> remote however remote ->3cx gets a no circuits available message.

Checking the logs I see this error:

[CM302002]: Authentication failed due to unidentified source of: SipReq: INVITE [email protected] tid=68a7a2ce cseq=INVITE [email protected] / 103 from(wire)

[CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:

; Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

This shows the connection isn't working but 3cx isn't accepting the connection for some reason, the password and username are correct, (12345 for testing) however I can't make calls to the main office.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 3cx problem.JPG
    3cx problem.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,167
With 3CX set as the master, you should see the "other" PBX successfully register in the logs. That would verify that the user name and password were seen as correct.

dooglec said:
Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

This leads me to believe that it may have something to do with something other than the trunk credentials.

You could try registering a VoIP device (ATA?) to the 3CX Master trunk (the trunk should appear as a VoIP provider to that device), to see if that works, with basic settings.

Thanks Leejor,

The trunk itself seems to work, and calls can go one way, it seems as if I need to someone register the remote extensions as allowed for calling to stop 3cx dropping them, but It wouldn't make sense to have to re-create all the extensions from the remote office locally?

Re: 3cx to Asterisk Bridge - solution

I just got it working this morning. I was curious about how it worked too.

Here are the steps I followed
On the 3cx Server
1) Create the Master Direct-UDP Bridge
Virtual extension number 10002
Authpassword 55555
Take note of the password
Check both allow outbound and inbound calls
support re-invite yes
support replaces yes
pbx Delivers Audio

add G.711 U
add G.711 A

2) Create a outbound route matching the extensions on the Freepbx server

On the Freepbx server

1) Create a Trunk
Trunk Name 3CXserver
Peer Details area
username=10002
type=peer&friend
secret=55555
nat=auto
insecure=very
host=192.168.0.90
fromuser=10002
fromdomain=192.168.0.90
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
context=from-internal
allow=ulaw

Register String
10002:55555:[email protected]:5060/10002

2) Create an outbound route
Intra-Company Checked
Dial pattern to match the extensions on 3CX
Trunk Sequence select 3CXserver

Reactions: phonemonkey888
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.