• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODD Network BV

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Dear members,
I need to setup a Bridge between my 3CX PBX and Asterisk (Elastix) PBX.
I did all configurations as mentioned in this link: https://www.3cx.com/docs/
Both PBXes are connected to each other.
But still can manage to make calls from 3CX to Asterisk.
I Can make calls from Asterisk to 3CX. But can't make calls from 3CX to Asterisk.

PBXes are in different LANS (Remote) Different Public IP addresses.
I do not have a VPN connection between the PBXes.

Can someone please help with this issue?
Or do someone manage to get this working properly?

Well logging in 3CX is easier than logging in Asterisk so that is a great benefit for you.

Have you configured and Outbound rule to start ? if you have can you check your Activity and/or Event log and see if the call is reaching the outbound rule and thus being sent across the bridge. Do you (and have you configured) outbound digit add/stripping requirements.

For an even more in-depth log look at using the 3CX Binary log viewer.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-log-viewer/

Hello @ODD Network BV

Check the activity log of the PBX as that will tell you why the call is not going through. You might need to enable Verbose logging for more detailed logs. If the bridge appears as registered then check the outbound rules and make sure that they are in the correct order. Please note that outbound rules are evaluated in a top to bottom order.

Also on Asterisk if you log into the CLI with the command "asterisk -r" run the command "core set debug 9" and "core set verbose 9" then run the test.

This would also prove if calls are traversing the bridge.

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your support.
I contacted 3CX Support and send them some capture.
This is what 3CX told me:

"PLease note that the calls are being sent to the IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, so calls are being routed perfect.
Here also you have a NAT issue since you are sending in the INVITES for the CONTACT header your private IP address and you need to send your public IP address."

I don't know how to fix this issue. I mean the part of NAT issue.. How to send my Public IP Address instead of private IP?
Remember, both PBXes (asterisk, 3CX) are in different location without VPN connection.

Try setting the connection up using the trunk template included in the PBX. Navigate to SIP trunks and add a new trunk. Choose Generic from the drop down menu and select Asterisk. Fill in the necessary data and adjust your outbound rules. See if that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.