• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX to deliver FAXes on the David (Tobit) Mail server

Status
Not open for further replies.

apitsos

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a request from a customer. They have a David Mail server (from Tobit software) and currently they are getting FAXes there. We are about to setup anew 3CX PBX on them, but they want to keep receiving FAXes on the the David Server and not on the 3CX. I tried hard to found a solution, but I am not sure how can I do that. Would you be so kind to assist me on this please?

With kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

It sounds like you might have to keep these two separate. 3CX can receive FAXs but will then send them via email to the address specified.

I'm afraid I am not familiar with this software but, whatever the case, this is not supported by 3CX so I won't be able to offer much help. Maybe some other community member who has come across it can pitch in.

How do fax calls connect to the current server...PSTN lines, a VoIP trunk, DID?

If it is PSTN, then don't connect them to 3CX. If it is a VoIP trunk, then are you expecting it to register on two devices?

How do fax calls connect to the current server...PSTN lines, a VoIP trunk, DID?

If it is PSTN, then don't connect them to 3CX. If it is a VoIP trunk, then are you expecting it to register on two devices?
Hi @leejor!

Currently there is nothing. But we will have a SIP Trunk with the FAX number connected to 3CX. Then we need to connect David to a 3CX extension via SIP, not to the SIP Trunk itself. Then David will be able to send FAX as well, using 3CX. This was the plan.

Regards,
Angelos Pitsos

Last edited:
What connection on the server running Tobit David Faxware does it have i.e. a fax modem ? If so you need a FXS gateway https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/grandstream-ht-fxs/

Setup of 3CX follow 'Configuring fax machines / fax server' - https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/fax-server/

You need to make sure your sip provider has fax support - T38 or Audio
Hi @Saqqara!

Thanks a lot for your message. I don't want an analog connection, but a VoIP FAX port. Please see the below screenshot and maybe you understand what I meant.

David-Administrator-VoIP-3CX-Port-001_2021-09-22.png

With kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

Ok, understand now as you have not mentioned anything about the config on the fax server before - the screenshot helps everyone out

Follow the steps in the above link , create the fax extension.

Within Fax software enter the 3CX server IP address, port 5060 , username and password from the fax setup.

You will need a DID number, so that you can assign the DDI number to the fax extension number

Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.