Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX to Nokia PBX connectivity terminal

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by qaisdev, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qaisdev

Hi,
    I have Nokia 22 PBX connectivity terminal.I was wondering that is it possible for me to route some calls from this Nokia PBX terminal.
    I am planning to use the Linksys ATA and make this Nokia as an extention.
    So the main challenge will be to route a specific calls starting for eg with 6 through this extention.

If anyone will only tell me that if it is possible to route a call via 3cx own extention that i think i mght be able to make it work.

Kind Regards
    Qais

2. nitup

It is only possible to route calls thru VoIP or PSTN lines. Key difference is that PSTN lines are registering against PBX, while VoIP lines - vice versa. So if you can register your Nokia as a PSTN line at PBX - than you can route calls to it.

3. qaisdev

Hi,
    Thx for the reply,actually this is what is going on...
    1) Analog phone-Nokia PBX terminal. It works this way.
    2)Analog phone-Linksys-Nokia ( It works on incomming calls but on outgoing i get the wrong number info from the cell provider)

Conclusion
    It definately works but i am not able see is that when Linksys send the number to Nokia PBx what it tries to delete in that number
    I mean the dialing rules and all.Even when i change the dialing rules then still it is trying to send a diffrent number to Nokia which it says that it cannot recognise..
    Right now i am trying to find the logs so that i will be able to see what is going on...
    But no luck yet ...

Kind Regards
    Qais

4. arpa

Hello, I am an owner of Nokia 22 too, fortunately i am not alone... I have the same problem with you. I am planning to use the Nokia 22 as a PSTN line with a Linksys 3102 adapter, but my case is more complicated. The specific terminal (Nokia 22) is already connected to an analogue PBX . I want to use it simultaneously (Analogue PBX with 3CX) maybe with a cross connector for a testing period , as a transitive step before getting off the analogue PBX. The Nokia 22 has two different ports. The problem is that, if i remember correct, the one "says" PBX Extension and the other PBX Trunk , something like that. I don't know which connector is the correct in my case.

I 'll test , and i 'll post my results. Any advice is acceptable !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.