3cx to Toshiba SIP....possible?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Full_Throttle, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Full_Throttle

We currently have approx. 36 Toshiba Strata CTX systems supplying a mix of Toshiba IP and Toshiba standard handsets. These systems are set up in Hybrid mode-Each system connects through our fiber WAN network via L3 routing to a central location that houses the voicemail system and the PRI connection.

We are shopping around to replace this system. 3CX is on our short list. One of the things I would like to attempt to do is see if I can get the SIP on the Toshiba to "talk" with the 3CX. I would LOVE to create a Call center using the 3CX, then if I need to transfer a call out to one of the "remote" sites, send it to our Toshiba sip and from there out to the extension in question. (hopefully that makes sense). (I don't believe the free system allows me to test this)

I eventually want to replace everything, but was hoping to not have to do a "rip and replace". It would be nice to be able to put in a centralized call center then work my way to replacing everything over the course of a year or so.

Thoughts?

Nick Galea likes this.
  2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

If you can add a sip trunk to the Toshiba you can interface it with 3cx. And you can test this with the free version as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NTB Inc

I'm not intimately familiar with Toshiba but having done other integrations with legacy PBXs in the past I have a few thoughts to share:

- Be "OK" with possibly having features missing and/or not working as how they used to, especially on the legacy side, items like MWI lights being lit can either work or not depending on the integration and how the system works. Some legacy PBXs make this relatively easy, others it will never work, some need serial connections to an "interpreter" to work, etc. When doing the integrations there will always be some tradeoff between existing features and how they will work in a "hybrid" world.

- The "easier" transition is usually to make 3cx the master for PRI/SIP connections, voicemail and call center. Again, MWI may not work on the legacy handsets depending on Toshiba's abilities here, some are easier than others. A lot of integrations are just basic handset on legacy can call handset on IP PBX and back and forth, not much more.

- Depending on the system some could actually do a 3rd party SIP-compliant license which may help with integration. Otherwise a SIP trunk or PRI trunk over a PRI gateway could work as well, depending on the options. Most VOIP gateway providers will help in this space: http://www.sangoma.com/solutions/analog-connectivity-for-ip-pbxs

Generally speaking by the time the missing features and integration expenses are counted its usually "easier" more cost effective to just "forklift" out the PBX and use 3cx though. Again, even if integrations possible, depending on the system, you may be missing features/functionality or introduce additional complexity for staff that "isn't worth it", just kind of depends on the situation though.

Nick Galea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.