3cx-to3cx bridging setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by udjinn, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. udjinn

hey,
    really impressed with the 3cx phone system, but still having problems setting up the bridging.
    anyone care to give me a quick run through?

i've already set up a master, virtual extension: 11111, authID and password: 123

on the other remote site, i've set up a slave(no tunneling), virtual extension: 22222, authID and password: 123.

from the client side at the Master Site, i can see 11111 in my phone book, but its status is offline. from the management console, under line status, the bridge status is 'not registered'.

if anyone would care to shed some light as to what i'm doing wrong, that'd be great.

thanks again in advance
    eugene

p/s: if there's any more details you need, just ask..

2. udjinn

oh, forgot to include the server log:

15:28:03.437 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM504007]: Next attempt to register 22222@SiteB is scheduled in 5 minute
    15:28:03.437 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM504005]: Registration failed for: 22222@SiteB; Cause: 404 User unknown.; from IP:219.94.63.142:5060
    15:28:02.859 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM504005]: Registration failed for: 22222@SiteB; Cause: 404 User unknown.; from IP:219.94.63.142:5060
    15:28:02.218 ClientRegs::Register [CM504003]: Sent registration request for 22222@SiteB

3. SWB

SWB New Member

I'm having problems with authentication as well. udjinn I found if my virtual extensions #s don't match on both sides I receive your error. So I setup both sides identically (same virtual extension #s, auth ID and password), and one as Master and the other as Slave. I am receiving an error on the Slave side regarding password, "403 Invalid password provided; from IP..." and "...Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings" on the Master side.

I of course have re-entered the password on both sides with no luck. So I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to authentication, and you may want to try setting up both sides with the same virtual extension # to see if that solves your problem (don't know why you need to have the same virtual extension # on both sides, but worth shot I guess).

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Virtual extension should be the same on both ends.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. udjinn

arg.. ok thanks.

ok, NOW swb and i are in the same boat. :)

swb: yup.. i'm getting the same errors as your are.

6. Jørgen Seemann

Hi guys,

From my experiance the changes to the bridge configuration are not allways carried throu.

I would suggest you try to delete both master & slave bridge configuration and try again.

The Virtual id *has* to be identical or it just won't play.

I also have same admin/pwd on both boxes - don't know if this makes any difference.

Best of luck 8)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. SWB

SWB New Member

I could only get it to work by leaving the password blank on both sides. Give that a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.