• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX trunk connection to VOXALOT SIP Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

earleyscripts

Reaction score
I am having connectivity issues with connecting to a VOIP Provider call Voxalot (http://www.voxalot.com) and whilst I can get some calls to arrive on the trunk the outgoing seems to totally fail. Has anybody ever managed to successfully connect to Voxalot and if so any points would be welcomed.
In anticipation...thanks :?:

Post a 3CX log of a failed call. If the trunk is showing as registered then the problem is most likely incorrect digits being sent to them.

I will try an get this log and post it. I have looked at the outgoing call request and the call seems to be correct in that I am calling another (valid) voxalot number and the call seems to have the initial correct information [email protected] and the follows on with @ {line information of 3CX) @ something else I cannot remember. I need to look and get the correct info. But having dialed from an Extention 002nnnnnn the outbound rule has stripped the 002 of correctly.
Is it possibly to do with using a generic VoIP trunk template rather than a specific one. I cannot see a template for VOXALOT and wonder whether the creation of one ( don't know how to go about it) would help. :?:
You help is appreciated........thanks

Haven't used Voxalot myself but there shouldn't be any problem using the generic template. You really need to post a log of the failed call otherwise it's just a guess as to what is wrong.

Please find attached the log file for a typical failed call. I do get a Voice message that says the person I am calling is unavailable which seems to come from Voxalot which implies that the number have called is wrong but it is not as it is a working number that I have just called in from. There is no problem with this number for incoming calls so it has to be what 3CX is outputting on call set up. However it is probably something I have configured incorrectly but in the out going rules I have configured to strip the first three digits ....002 - routing to Voxalot trunk.
Part of the log seems to show the call in which I cancelled hence no one available.

In anticipation....thanks

Attachments

• 3cxLog_103421093401.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 77
Hi,

Could you set the PBX into verbose mode by going to the management console Settings > Advanced > verbose mode and restart 3CX services. Once you have done that, re-do the call and repost the logs, please post using code and /code tags.

Thanks!

Please add following information:

What is the "border device" (NAT/firewall) installed in your network?
How PBX host is connected to internet?
Try to run firewall checker. It can highlight some problems related to network topology.

Thanks

Stepan ,
Thanks for the help so far I am out all day Tuesday so I get onto the things you suggest on Wednesday time permitting.

I have created a new log which is attached....

More hopefully on Wednesday....

Bye for now Paul

Attachments

• 3cxLog_105621225619.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 60
What do you have for your outbound proxy in your configuration for VoxAlot? If i'm reading the logs correctly, it looks like it is trying to connect to voxalot.com (or use the srv records for voxalot.com) to connect. I don't know if this could be the issue but VoxAlot says on their website to set the outbound proxy as us.voxalot.com.

Did a quick search on the Voxalot site but didn't see what the format of a call to another users number should be. I'm just wondering if you should be sending more than just six digits that you are. Is there a prefix ?

Before I go out all day.....

Voxalot has three main proxy sites "eu" , "us" and "au".

The "eu" site is in Holland and "au" is Australia where their HQ is I believe.

Typical if you don't set the peer to peer option in the setup in Voxalot itself all voice traffic (UDP) goes via the proxy sever.

So for that a more localised reasons I set "eu" but you may have already indicated that I have it wrong as calls are going to voxalot.com not eu.voxalot.com.

As for the number dialled if you call out using Voxalot without any routing info then any six digit number is assummed to be another Voxalot number. My main number on Voxalot is 545447 and I was calling from another Voxalot number I have that the 3CX is "registered to" being 744545.

I have played with the 3CX and using a Ethernet Analyser I am sure or I thought I was sure that I had set things correct. But as I said I get back to it after my trip out today.
Again thanks for the help, nice to have a person to chew the problem over with.

Bye for Now .......Paul

This is the resuilt of the Firewall Checker I believe I have turned all I need to off

<20:09:27>: Phase 1, checking servers connection, please wait...
<20:09:27>: Stun Checker service is reachable. Phase 1 check passed.
<20:09:27>: Phase 2a, Check Port Forwarding to UDP SIP port, please wait...
<20:09:27>: UDP SIP Port is set to 5060. NO RESPONSE received. Phase 2a check FAILED.

Application exit code is -2

I closed off Zone alarm in the PC itself and made sure the Router had Ports 5060 5090 9000-9049 forwarded to the internal IP address of the 3CX.

Does Phase 2a Check indicate anything ????

I have to be out tomorrow so my panned checking will be limited.....

regards paul

Based on that reply, I'd say that port 5060/UDP is not forwarded properly.

Please double check your firewall/router config and ensure that UDP port 5060 and what not is open.

Make sure windows firewall is not turned on either and please tell us what kind of router/firewall you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.