Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Tunnel and Myphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mhnichols, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhnichols

Am I missing something?

How do you set the new 3CX Myphone to work through the 3CX tunnel??

2. FBW

FBW New Member

I was wondering the exact same thing.
    Unless of course it's being pushed through the new phone provisioning in the management console...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I dont believe it works through the tunnel, as a Silverlight app I am assuming it works over the http port.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mhnichols

Which would be fine if you had the ports open/forwarded.

But we have the system locked down to use the tunnel only, (one of the great features of 3CX) so now unable to use the new Assistant/Myphone.

Don't really want to start opening more firewall ports than absolutely needed.

Why remove support for the tunnel in the assistant? is this now going to be obsolete? looks like another good feature being removed!

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

MyPhone is a huge change from the Assistant architecture and while I personally wish we had kept the Assistant functionality while MyPhone was being developed and perfected, that was not 3CX's decision. At this point, for this and other reasons, not everyone is going to be able to upgrade to v10 just yet. MyPhone has to mature a little and it will get there fairly soon I suspect.

6. jcasares

Ops, a feature I used and now can't. With every hour I find more missing things. :(

7. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi guys - you have still have the functionality to connect locally and remotely without installing nothing. Hey guys this is something big in my opinion.

Also we provide Out of browser so if a users want to continue working at home - they can do whatever they want.

You can connect your 3cx phone or use a remote extension and accept calls- change status - change your forwarding rules anytime you want.

There is a'lot of features/Improvement that before in version 9 you did not use to have.

Also what about Play Vmails - Play by phone and etc. Call History, seeing other extensions statuses, notifications of missed calls and even vmails too.

What about Prefix and so on.

BTW new features are coming soon!!

8. cfive

cfive Member

Michael,

I'm reading your reply and wondering if you are saying there is a way to configure and use MyPhone remotely? If so, I've not discovered a way to do that and wonder if you might elaborate, please!.

9. cfive

cfive Member

Oh, right, opening port 5000 is open then it works. I'm not sure what kind of security issue that may bring though. It *is* a website ;-).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.