3cx tunnel android softphone

Discussion in 'Android' started by jmtelecom, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmtelecom

hello there,

Just wondering wen the android 3cx soft phone will have the 3cx tunnel :)

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

We are currently still fixing issues with the 3CXPhone.
    Unfortunately for the time being fixing bugs / issues is a higher priority task than adding new features such as the 3CX Android Tunnel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MHernandez

Well,
    I really don't understand...
    What bugs?
    I think 3cx on a mobile phone without tunnel support is THE BUG!
    What is the point in having 3cx installed in a mobile without the tunnel?
    As far as I know the tunnel is required for external extensions, so a mobile with 3cx without the tunnel is just a brick to carry around the office.

I'm better off using a gigaset.

Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm really frustrated as I'm trying to configure my android phone to connect to my own 3cx server, but on different networks without any success.

Do I have to configure VPN access so that Android will get an IP from the other network where the 3cx server is?

Cheers,

Marcelo.

4. jmtelecom

Hi Leonidas,

Then we have to wait for that! don,t see the point testing now without the 3cx tunnel most providers are blocking the SIP traffic on there network!

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I have heard reports of it working on Verizon and ATT in the US but I can't do SIP on T-Mobile US. So it does work for some people. Other people are using it as a wifi phone within their office so there is still plenty of people who can and do use it even without the tunnel. It is pretty useless to me because the only time I need it is when I am outside of my office and it doesnt work. So my testing and use is limited to when I am on WiFi.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Really? Then it means my TV has a major bug because it doesn't provide a built-in video recording support. A bug means a malfunctioning into an implemented feature - a not-implemented feature is a missing feature, not a bug. Which softphones or hardphones on the market provides a similar SIP-multiplexing feature similar with 3CX's tunnel?

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Well the solution is obvious then :p

8. liberty2

Well, I use T-Mobile and I have completed SIP calls via 3G to another SIP server. However, I am not able to complete SIP calls (or register) to my 3CX server.

Android 2.2 on a Nexus One, 3CX phone v 1.2.3

9. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Are you on T-Mobile in the US?

With both 3CX and Asterisk I can register and make calls but I cannot get audio and cannot receive calls. I have the exact same behavior if I am tethered to the phone and use the 3CXPhone on Windows. However, as soon as I enable the tunnel it works fine. So for me, until I get the tunnel in the Android phone, its useless to me.If you are getting different results and are actually able to use the Android phone on T-Mobile US, I would like to know exactly what service you are connecting to so I can see what the difference is and try to come up with a workaround.

10. gconcepts

I am with T-Mobile and able to register on my network but as soon as I try to make a call, it disconnects and my 3CX Server Log shows error that caller is unknown.

11. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You will probably get the exact same issue with SipDroid or cSIPSimple. This appears to be a T-Mobile issue and not 3CXPhone issue.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You cannot just blame 3CX Phone for android on this.
    Android is so vast - so much phones, manufacturers, android OS support and so on so forth.
    3CX Phone for android works. Tunnel is coming on the way - of course we are doing this!!! No chance we are leaving this out.
    Works for me using stun on Nexus 1, htc desire and wildfire, xpera, xperia mini x10, motorola milestone and samsung galaxy S. Iphone version is in Beta.
    You should list what phones you are using.

13. taymur

Any news about 3cx tunnel on softphone?

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Register through RSS feeds to the blog and when we will have this, you will be notified immediately.

At the moment we were delayed with fixing 3CX Phone on 2.3 because some functions were removed and we had to update this. So this was a setback for us. No ETA on this unfortunately, we cannot really make eta's with Android. So basically, you will have it when we will release it. Just remain updated to the RSS feeds on the blog and you will immediately get notified when it is launched.

15. caveman

I have found a workaround to this problem that lets me connect to my 3CX-PBXfrom the 3CX-app from my Android-phone when I'm on another network. I have created an account on Sipsorcery http://www.sipsorcery.com. Then I have created a profile in 3CX for Android that connects to Sipsorcery. In Sipsorcery I added my 3CX-switch as a "SIP-provider". When connecting my 3CX-Andriod to Sipsorcery and using it as a PBX that connects to my 3CX-pbx I'm able to make and recieve calls. The only bad thing with this workaround is that the callerid is missing on incoming calls, so I can't see who is making the call.

My 3CX-switch is open to SIP-phone clients of different brands even from outside the network. 3CX for Android can connect to other SIP-PBX:es than 3CX. I find it very strange that 3CX for Android cannot directly communicate with 3CX-pbx just like if it was any SIP-client. But at least it works with this workaround.

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Of course 3CX For android can connect to 3CX Phone System.

There is something in the configuration that is wrong. Does it work internally first?

17. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi all

There are good news: 3CXTunnel has been integrated into our 3CXPhone for Android and now it's in testing process - so far, so good. So, very possible, it will be available on the next release.

Regards
    vali

18. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's great news. I'm sure that the tunnel option will solve a number of connection problems, of the type I experienced on a recent trip to Europe. "Tunnel", on my Netbook, seems to get "through" when all else fails (at least, 99% of the time).

Update...had it on at a restaurant I frequent, using their WiFi, and found, after just over a half hour, that I was no longer registered. I hadn't seen that happen in the past with previous versions. I had reduced registration time a long time ago to below the 1800 seconds. I'll do some more tests from other sites in the next few weeks, as time allows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.