3CX Tunnel config for NetGear SRXN3205

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ngsClark, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngsClark

Hello,

I am a new user with the 3CX phone system and I have to say I am very pleased with this software. I seem to have everything down with the "normal" phone use for my small business but I would like to start using a few of the extra features. One of these features is the remote phone use with my iPhone through the 3CX Tunnel. I have gone through the firewall settings and I understand what they do I just don't know how to configure them with my NetGear router.

I wanted to ask if anyone out there could help me configure the necessary settings for the 3CX Tunnel with my NetGear SRXN 3205 router.

Much Appreciated! -Clark

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

On server side (where is 3cx pbx) you must forward port 5090 (TCP and UDP) to 3cx pbx private address. Alos if you have multiple NIC cards on 3cx choose the right one

3. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I agree with mixig.

The whole point of the tunnel is to only have to port forward one port in the firewall and not worry about the voice udp ports that change per call.

The set up is pretty standard and takes just a few minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

As MIX G said as long as port forwarding is enabled on port 5090 you are good to go. All you have to do is configure the 3cx myphone app on your phone as well as the tunnel ap and you are good to go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ngsClark

Thanks mixig. it sounds like I have a good direction to move forward in. Does anyone have any tips on configuring Windows Server 2008 R2 with 3CX to get that port open?

6. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Windows Firewall. Just add it as a rule.

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

If the server is protected by a NAT firewall you can disable Windows Firewall on the server itself. Some get confused when setting up the tunnel on client devices as they fail top use the proper IP addresses (indeed needs the private one as well). I suggest you take advantage of the self provisioning (both for Windows softphones and Smartphones via WiFi)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.