• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX tunnel failure following new IP Blacklist Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorbrain1

Reaction score
I am having a problem where my PBX security appears to be compromised. I am using 3CX v 10, with dedicated bridges to remote offices and SIP Proxy Manager to connect another satellite office via the TCP-IP Tunnel. I have no problem getting the SIP Proxy Manager to connect and work, however it seems that following an new IP Blacklist entry The tunnel fails while the Bridges to other remote PBX's continue functioning. The only way I have found to recover is to restart the Tunnel Service on the Server PBX and restart the phones that use the remote SIP Proxy Manager. Upon restarting the Server Side TCP-IP Tunnel service the phones reconnect and stay reconnected until another IP blacklist entry is identified.

I am tired of chasing my tail on this and appreciate any help you may have to offer.

Thank you

motorbrain1 said:
I have no problem getting the SIP Proxy Manager to connect and work, however it seems that following an new IP Blacklist entry The tunnel fails while the Bridges to other remote PBX's continue functioning.

And the new IP Blacklist entry is in no way associated with the IP of a device attempting to use the Tunnel?

That is exactly the case.

Does the IP change (is the set attempting to set-up the tunnel from various IPs), or, just a single one? If it is just one IP (the same one) that is blacklisted each time, you can go into the Blacklist and "allow" that one IP so that it will never be blacklisted. At one time I found that some internal sets were being blacklisted, for no apparent reason, and I had to allow the entire local LAN.

That doesn't solve the problem as to why this is happening in the first place. You may want to "adjust" the parameters that are used to determine if an IP should be blacklisted. By tweaking slightly, it may solve the issue for this set until you can figure out what is going on, which may require the use of a tool such as Wireshark, if the 3CX server logs (try using Verbose mode) don't provide any insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.