Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Tunnel issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by malmudharreb, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malmudharreb

Hello, I have tried to search the community before posting this as I didn't find a solution to the issue I am facing.

I have the latest 3CX running behind a firewall, tunnel enabled, remote extension enabled and everything works absolutely fine when I am out of the office network.

My issue is when I go abroad and try to connect to the 3CX using the tunnel. It gets connected but the call quality is extremely bad. The interesting thing is that if I am using roaming data the call quality is good (as my operator routes roaming data to my home country) even though the speed throttled. However, if I am using a local sim in the country I am in and on high speed data I get a call quality issue (huge delay in voice).

The above goes away completely when I use VPN abroad.

I am not sure but is it latency that is creating an issue? As I am 100% sure its not the bandwidth.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.