• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX tunnel not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoor

Reaction score
I am running my 3CX PBX at my home and I wants to connect my SPA3102 and extension both from remote location.

I followed the link to configure Linksys http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-spa3102/ and to configure 3CX tunnel http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/sip-proxy-manager/ and http://www.3cx.com/blog/3cxphone/iphone/3cxvoiptunnel/.

3CX Firewall checker not showing me any error and its totally green and I am using port 5099. Two days ago everything was fine and took 5 mins to configure and connect but now 3CX tunnel is not working and my remote extension unable to connect with my PBX. I am getting

"Tunnel is attempting to connect remote tunnel 123456 [xx.xx.xx.xx:5099]
"Tunnel connection attempt failed"

Can anyone help me with this. Thanks

Hi Bluenoor,

In order to configure your remote IP Phones and make use of the tunnel, you will need to provision the phones via 3CX SBC. Please refer to the links below.
http://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/
http://www.3cx.com/docs/firewall-router-configuration-voip/

bluenoor said:
I am running my 3CX PBX at my home and I wants to connect my SPA3102 and extension both from remote location.

You want to use the 3102 to connect 3CX to both a trunk (PSTN line), and an extension at a remote location (use FXO and FXS ports)?

While that will work, in most cases (I've done it), unless you are having NAT issues you should not have to make use of the 3CX tunnel. As mentioned, it does require a compatible device at the remote end.

Contrary to many assumptions, the tunnel is not a replacement for VPN as it provides no encryption or security, it's purpose is to overcome NAT issues by routing all traffic (other than presence, at this point, it seems), over a single port.

Hello,

@roland.s Thank you for your reply and now my 3CX iphone/windows phones can connect with my PBX without an issue.

@leejor I don't have VPN devices at remote location. I am using my public IP address in poxy field (PSTN Line) in SPA3102 with the username and password which I configured on 3CX. According to WireShark log PBX and remote SPA3102 sending packets to each other but SPA3102 unable to connect with my PBX.

These steps didn't work http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-spa3102/. Can anyone please help me to configure my remote SPA3102 without tunnel and VPN.

bluenoor said:
I am using my public IP address in poxy field (PSTN Line) in SPA3102 with the username and password which I configured on 3CX. According to WireShark log PBX and remote SPA3102 sending packets to each other but SPA3102 unable to connect with my PBX.

I have successfully connected the 3102 (both the FXS and FXO ports) back to 3CX, so I know it will work.

A few things that you have to keep in mind...setting up the FXS (Line) portion of the 3102 is pretty straight forward as it is a simple ATA. I would suggest getting that working first, with the PSTN portion disabled, before attempting to get the FXO portion working. This would confirm that there are no other network/router issues that may have to be dealt with.

Some things to keep in mind... in the settings for the trunk you created in 3CX, for the FXO part of the 3102, there are two critical entries...the public IP, or URL (DDNS) of the remote 3102, and the port number of the FXO portion. Unlike an ATA, 3CX needs to know the location of the gateway (and the port), simple registration is not enough. As far as the port goes...the 3102 defaults to using post 5061 on the FXO part, be sure that matches the port you have in the trunk settings of 3CX.

There are also a few settings that have to be changed from default, if you truly want to separate the FXO and FXS within the 3102. Get the basics working, and i can help you out with those, depending on how you want everything to work together.

If you continue to have problems...post some of the 3CX Server logs of an attempted registration, or outgoing call attempt on the trunk.

Hello leejor,

Please find the attach images.

PSTN.jpg

Line.jpg

Capture.jpg

log.jpg

log2.jpg

a few things...

I seem to recall something in the 3CX 3102 provisioning instructions about not using the same Display Name as your user ID. I never did so I don't know if that caused issues or not, but, just try putting something else in there. If there is no caller ID, that name will show on a display when receiving a call. Did you change that , just for the post, or is it actually 90001? I'm used to trunk numbers starting from 10000.

The port on the Line 1 section should be 5060 ( or something other than 5061), which you are already using in the PSTN Line section.

The router at the remote end may have to have port forwarding set for 5061 to the local IP of the 3102, best to assign the 3102 a static IP.

Register expires can be set to about 1700 (seconds). The Linksys ATA's are pretty good about re-registering within the 30 minutes required by 3CX, but it doesn't hurt to put in something lower than the default value, but not as low as 300.

Line 1 does not have to have Use Outbound Proxy set to yes, as you only use the proxy field.

As far as the 3Cx logs go...I also see issues with various STUN servers, on my logs, so that may not be an indicator of a problem. However...have you any success with any other remote set, tunnel or not, to register? If not, then there could be an issue with your router/network/firewall.

I'd be a bit concerned as to why extension 101 is re-registering so often, but that might be what you have it set for.

I'm assuming that you had the remote 3102 powered down, then powered up, during this log period to force a registration, and there was no sign of one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.