• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx tunnel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixig

Free User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

3cx is on public ip (fix ip, no NAT), it also has another NIC with private ip which is connected to LAN, when i am creating account on 3cx softphone on windows for 3cx tunnel i put public ip under the !i am out of office!, and for local ip on 3cx tunnel section i put my ip from LAN and i am registerd and that is ok. what i tried is that i put my public ip address under the 3cx tunnel (local ip of remote PBX) just for test because 3cx is not using any NAT so i was thinking that i can put also public ip into that field but than i get log message:

Endpoint Extn:111: the request from external source x.x.x.x:5080is blocked. Reason: the extension is configured to block external registrations.

external source is the public ip of 3cx server, does a local ip of remote pbx for 3cx tunnel must me the same ip which is configured as "default local ip" on 3cx?

thanks

Look at extension 111's settings and see if it is set to allow for use outside the LAN and is allowed to use the tunnel. These setting are on the other tab for the extension under extension options.

yep, i forgot do uncheck "disallow use extensioin outside the LAN", but it is wired how can i conect from outside even when that option is selected... so if the option "disallow use extensioin outside the LAN" is selected i can connect to the 3cx from outside if i am using 3cx tunnel

Maybe create a VPN on the computer that has the Tunnel installed to the main network?

mixig said:
when i am creating account on 3cx softphone on windows for 3cx tunnel i put public ip under the !i am out of office!, and for local ip on 3cx tunnel section i put my ip from LAN and i am registerd and that is ok.

So what is it, exactly, that you are trying to achieve with the extension?

well everything is working, i am just wondering if i have one more network card on 3cx with private ip (1 with public and two with private), which of that two private ip addresses i must put under the 3cx tunnel "local ip of the remote pbx", one which is defined as default local or doesnt matter which on of the privae ip address

Haven't tried it with more than one local IP, but it should be straight forward to check, on which 3CX is "monitoring". Just attempt a local registration of a device to each IP. I would think that one would work and one may not. That can probably be changed if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.