• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx unable to connect to remote server (Firmware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanv

Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can point me in the right direction ;)

Iam running the latest 3CX V12 version on IIS!

Iam trying to Mass Update a few Yealink T42's via the 3CX Firmware upgrade service but i keep on getting the " An exception occured error : Unable to connect to remote server " (Pic 1)

I did add the latest firmware in the "Ip phone firmware" tab so the firmware is there! (Pic 2)

Could it be an IIS issue?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 974
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 974
@Juanv

Just to confirm you are running either the evaluation license or a full license with current maintenance as the firmware update requires such for the firmware update to run?

Also, if possible, I would just restart all the services via 3CX to make sure there isn't an issue.

Lastly, are you using the web management interface or the local WIndows management interface?

it is having a problem getting to the yealink server. v12 apparently attempts to get the vendor's latest and once having done so, will then unzip and update phones accordingly.

lneblett said:
it is having a problem getting to the yealink server. v12 apparently attempts to get the vendor's latest and once having done so, will then unzip and update phones accordingly.

I don't think this is correct. I believe 3CX maintains the repository, and the system retrieves the latest 3CX tested firmware, not necessarily the latest firmware.

correct to an extent. the answer was in response to the issue of not being able to connect to the remote server. while yealink does have an approved 3cx release, I cannot attest to all other makes. I did cisco and I got 7.5.5, but I cannot find a reference to it being approved by 3cx; yet it is/was the latest at the time. so, as a result, assume an implied reference of "approved" as it is 3cx retrieving the firmware.

cobaltit said:
@Juanv

Just to confirm you are running either the evaluation license or a full license with current maintenance as the firmware update requires such for the firmware update to run?

Also, if possible, I would just restart all the services via 3CX to make sure there isn't an issue.

Lastly, are you using the web management interface or the local WIndows management interface?

Hi

Iam running the full version with maintenance, only activated the license about 2 weeks ago or so!

I tried to restart all the services of 3cx but still having the issue, iam using the windows management interface!

The server used for the 3cx has no internet connectivity as it connects straight to the voip provider, @ lneblett mentioned something about 3cx looking for the latest vendors firmware could it be that 3cx is looking to connect to the internet to retrieve the latest firmware zip file and thus Fails by giving me the error message? If so surely there has to be a way to point the 3cx to the folder on the server that contains the latest firmware file like in Pic 2?

Different phones use different methods.

3CX V12 is trying to make things easier. As I indicated, and as you now suggest, it does indeed go to the internet and attempts retrieval of firmware (from the manufacturer) whereupon it will then unzip the files and "push" the update.

Some phones will allow for a "push" while others will "pull" an update. With the Yealink, you can always go into the phone's web interface and go to the upgrade tab and then manually point the phone to the Yealink firmware update folder and do the upgrade (file must be unzipped).

Other phones will allow for you to specify the provisioning path and a time period whereupon having reached the period it will go and check the path and if it sees a new file, will automatically pull the file and update. The Yealink does this for its everyday configuration, but I do not believe it supports the same functionality for firmware updating.

If memory serves, V11 allowed for a push of the firmware from the folder as it did not go to the manufacturer's site. I have not noticed a mechanism by which the newer functionality can be turned-off such that a V12 edition of 3CX will revert to V11 "like" operation with regard to firmware updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.