3CX unreg and re-reg ALL exts randomly!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hainesk967, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hainesk967

An annoying issue started happening a couple days ago, about every 30-90 minutes, all extensions (including system extensions) will unregister at once, and then re-register a minute later. This disconnects all calls and causes all phones to show orange lights (SPA504G) over their extensions. Looking at the event log, I see "Information" "4101" events that say "Extension SP3 is unregistered, removed contact: sip:SP3@127.0.0.1:40000;rinstance=8a0c7654df6a1eca", and then about a minute later "Extension SP3 is registered, contact: sip:SP3@127.0.0.1:40000;rinstance=8a0c7654df6a1eca"

Any ideas?

2. carolinainnovative

If internal services are re-registering perhaps something is stopping and restarting services - or services are crashing. Check your pbx's windows event log to see if services are crashing for some reason and then re-starting.

Always have to ask - what version of 3cx are you running?

3. hainesk967

I'm running version 11. I'm checking the event log now to see if the services are crashing.

4. hainesk967

I don't see any events that say that the services are crashing. The only events I see are the unregister and register events.

5. hainesk967

I am re-installing 3cx right now to see if that helps. I noticed that at night when the phone system is not in use, this issue doesn't seem to be happening (that is, I don't see it in the event log or activity log). I will post back if this fixed the problem.

6. hainesk967

The phone system is re-installed, and I just restored a backup so hopefully it's not a configuration issue. The office will start using in a couple hours so we'll see how everything goes.

7. hainesk967

Ok, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix the issue. It happened twice in 5 minutes! I don't see any error messages, all it's saying is:
    Extension DialCode is unregistered, removed contact: sip:DialCode@127.0.0.1:5488
    And then:
    Extension DialCode is registered, contact: sip:DialCode@127.0.0.1:5488

Any ideas?!

8. cfive

cfive Member

Are the phones POE, all on same switch?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I would test either with another brand of phones or, better yet, install 3CXPhone (older version, not for V12) on the server itself and register it against it with an extension and see if it stays registered or if the server itself is actually bumping the extensions.

If you are running PoE or if you cascaded a switch just for the phones and they happen to be managed switches, I would look at your net infrastructure. This is indeed very odd for 3CX itself to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. haywardi

I would also try installing the 3cx soft phone on one of your PC's.
    And possibly install 3cx on a mobile phone.

What I'm trying to do is change your route to the server. If it still happens, I would try a different server. If not which one works and what's the difference.....
    Iain

11. cfive

cfive Member

re-reading the first post, system extensions on the server are re-registering as well, I would think that rules out everything external. There must be more in the event logs - 3cx and/or system event logs.

12. Jared

I'm reviving this thread, as the issue is began happening in my office yesterday.

We use Cisco hard phones, but we haven't noticed the issue there, only on (some) 3CX phones for Windows. We're on version 12.

Server log doesn't show anything I recognize as related. I've double-checked physical connections and switch uptimes. Users are on different switches as well.

I'll be comparing the computers themselves with those whose extensions do not unregister to see if some local service is causing the issue. I'll report back in as soon as I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.