• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx update vs fresh install & backup restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfer

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 3CX install that has been updated from version 14 to 15 then from version 15 to 15.5. Don't recall now if any of those updates had been done from a fresh install and backup restore or not.

For sure at least one of those updates has not been done from a fresh install because if I inspect the windows services the system lacks the services "3CX PhoneSystem 01 AudioProvider" and the "3CX PhoneSystem Hotel Service".

So, I suppose it is recommended to do a fresh install and restore, isn't it?

My question is, will a restore from a full backup preserve all call logs and call reports and call reports schedules? The company in which that 3CX is installed makes intensive use of reports.

Hello @manfer

Please make sure that the required options are selected during the backup and you should not face any issues. If the services are missing then you need to perform a fresh installation.

Reactions: manfer
All call reports are lost. The call reports schedules are still there. As the call logs seems to be ok it is supposed those reports can be regenerated but the client is not going to be happy for sure.

I have used recuva to recover PDFs on the C drive and had found some in a Reports folder. I have recovered the files and copied them to \ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Reports.

I don't know if those are all, less, or more reports than the client had before proceeding with uninstall, but now they appear on the list on the 3CX console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.