3CX updates and Windows Updates

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Screwdriver.dll, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screwdriver.dll

We have a server (2012R2) for 3CX. We disabled the automatic updates in the 3CX management console but we see that a few updates are installed. Is it possible that Windows Updates installs the 3CX updates too? We have a policy for windows updates and the server will reboot every saturday 3:00.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Check you 3CX update settings - Click on the Update Icon on the front screen. You probably have 'Automatically update 3CX' enabled

Windows will not update 3CX

3. Screwdriver.dll

We haven't. So that's why we think it's strange an update has installed. we don't have the 'Automatically update 3CX' enabled, and we didn't update manually..

4. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

Curious as to what 3CX updates appeared to have automatically installed. The only thing I'm aware of that gets pushed is phone firmware to the server, then I have to manually update the phones.

Also, in regards to windows updates, was wondering what others are doing. I finally decided to activate windows updates on 15 3CX servers. In two weeks I've had issues with two of them after auto windows updates. On one, the media service failed to start after reboot, leaving clients customers with dead air when calling in. On the 2nd, calls from sip trunk failed, trunk provider said 3CX server responding with 404 error. Didn't see any services down, but for clients time sake, didn't have time to look too in depth. A restart of 3CX services and calls started coming in.

So I'm considering going back to the tedious task of manual windows updates, or at minimum will have to test and check all clients the morning following auto updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.