Solved 3CX Updates

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ericms77, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericms77

Hi All,

I did my very best to look for an existing conversation on my question, but had no luck. My apologies if I looked past it.

I am on 3CX Version 15. I've opened the requested ports on my firewall, but any time I click the "Updates" button on the 3CX Dashboard, I get the following error:
    "Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

Any help would be appreciated.

2. itgs

Check DNS configuration on server

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also perform an nslookup and make sure you can reach downloads.3cx.com. Clearing your browsers cache also helps sometimes.

4. TA Stewart

I'm having the same issue.
    Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again.

5. TA Stewart

... and I can reach downloads.3cx.com.

6. TA Stewart

Can you assist?

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Did you clear your browsers cache? Try accessing the management console from an incognito tab and try again

8. comutech

Hi Having the same issue tried all the steps above with no luck. Any resolution to this issue?

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@comutech

Try to nslookup downloads.3cx.com.
    You can also try using 8.8.8.8 as your primary DNS server on the PBX machine and try again. You will need to flush your DNS on the PBX server and restart all services of the PBX including the Nginx service (important).
    Give it a try and let us know if that works for you

10. comutech

nslooup to the downloads.3cx.com. is working
    I tried the Google DNS and flushed and restarted the service.
    Please not that the firewall check passes with out any issues

Unfortunately i am getting the same issue

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@comutech

Please check your inbox as i have sent you a p.m.

12. Ahmad Saidawi

Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm having the same problem.. I can download any other updates except for firmware update for Fanvil c400 and Fanvil c600 IP phones, I get the same error when trying to download the firmware "Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again"

I've tried to update it manually, but the firmware from Fanvil website is older the the one recommended by 3CX and not supported!

Please help.

13. 3ctech

Hi I am having this same issue on 2 3cx machines on one i cant download Firmware updates all other updates download fine.

And on the second 3cx machine i cant download the 3CX Clients but can download sip provider updates fine.

14. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Probably the connection times out if the connection is too slow as some firmware for phones are quite large. You can download the latest supported firmwares from this link :https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/ given you are on the latest service pack.
    What is your PBX version and what is your location?

15. 3ctech

Hi Yannish

The PBX version is as follows 15.5.3848.1 and we are in South Africa. I thought as much as the link is only 1 mbit.
    Ok So if we manually download the updates how do we get the 3cx to see the updates so we can update multiple
    phones simultainiously from the phones tab? aloso to stop telling us there is updates available ? is it not possable
    to lengthen the time outs aswell ?

Also need the same for the Clients to automatically update.

Thank you

16. swink

I am seeing this right now on a single server only. The server is on a dedicated data T-1, though I switched it to a 100Mbps circuit with the same result. I changed the internal caching dns server it was using to 8.8.8.8 and still the same. Finally, I reloaded the entire server from Windows to Linux and still the same result.

Have submitted ticket to 3CX with packet trace - was told the issue comes from my network or firewall where the 'SYN ACK' packet arrives at the incorrect time. Using Mikrotik router - nothing but port forwarding going on - will try a vanilla install of RouterOS today. This machine applies every single small update correctly, only larger downloads have this issue at all.

Very frustrating.

17. DariusG

Same problem here. Using 3cx on debian. Server restarted, tried to Update on 3 different Browsers from 2 different PCs.
    "Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

18. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

could you go into settings - parameters and filter for "v155" can you post the URL you see there for the download server?
    Also on linux post the content of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/3cxpbx.list

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. DariusG

20. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I reviewed on a sample v15.0 host the function and all is correct.
    All files can be loaded without any exception. So it is not an general issue with the repository or the connectivity to the host...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.