Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX User Status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thomaska, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomaska

I am facing the following problem.
    I had create one extension and I had setup the forwarding rules. I thought that these rules must be executed depending on extension status. Unfortunately this is not happening. Either register or not the available rule is run because the user status remains available. As long as I changed the user status to away for example then the forward rule to my mobile is executed again either the extension is registered or not.

So I realize that these rules depends on user status and not with the extension status and unfortunately the user status is not in sync automatically with the extension status.

Moreover, using the 3CX Phone Client, the problem is that I can register the extension but the user status appears "away" and I cannot change it in order to accept calls on the client. So how can I modify the user status also in order to set "available" or "away" or "out of office" form the 3CX Client?

I cannot understand why extension and user status are separate and not in sync, if you cannot change the user status from the client. Am I doing something wrong?

I will appreciate any help on that. Probably is a configuration error why the user status is not in sync with the extension status and how I can manage this.

Regards

Thomas

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

In reality, the two are not necessarily the same. They work in conjunction with one another. One is showing the physical presence of the phone in relation to the phone system and the other is showing how the extension user portrays himself to be in relation to using the extension. You could conceivably have your status as available, but if the phone is not registered, your status is pretty much meaningless as ringing "your" extension is pretty much impossible.

However, if your status is away, then the opposite is true in that it is pretty much meaningless regarding the phone's registration status as the system was already directed to send the call somewhere else other than to "your" extension. However, do you really want the status of the phone to show as unregistered..because you are away?

To me, I want to know that the physical extension is connected and registered. If it isn't, then I know I have an issue that is not related to whether a user is available or not and the icon for that unregistered extension will show no color. There is the setting about what to do in the event that the phone is unregistered and then there are additional settings about how to handle a call when the user is something other than available. They handling may be the same in either event, or it could be different as each is custom to what was set in the rules.

If the extension were remote and for whatever reason lost its connectivity and became unregistered, you might have the calls directed to an external number so business could continue. On the other hand, if I am away, perhaps I want the calls diverted to voice mail. Should the extension become unregistered while I am away, they still go to VM.

You can change the user status from the MyPhone application. This is located in a "pull-down" box next to the user/extension name in the upper left hand corner of the MyPhone screen. If you are aware of this and still cannot change, then I suggest terminating the app and restarting it and see what happens. Also, make sure that the app is up-to-date, running only once and you should be able to see the client app status in the 3CX console. You can also use dial codes to change the user status. Look in the settings section for the applicable digits that are set for your system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.