3CX using a 4G internet connection V14

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by french1, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. french1

Hi All,

I have a customer who has been using ADSL for their 3CX calls and the connection has been really bad. The customer has purchased a 4G connection and its working really well for internal clients. They also have about 5 devices which have 3CX phone on Android. These remote phones have stopped working as the DNS settings on the customer's hosting server was pointing back to the static IP address. Has anyone tried to use remote devices using a 4G internet connection?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Doe the 4G connection offer a Static IP option? If not then you may have issues with Remote Extensions because from what I know, Mobile Providers tend to change the IPs quite frequently in comparison with ISPs.

Also I would check the the Firewall Checker passes as they might be allowing all traffic through (even if it passes they may be still blocking SIP though, so use the Tunnel).

Last but not least (make sure you are on SP3 first!), make sure that the Correct Public IP is set in the 3CX Management Console Network Settings, and that the FQDN is indeed pointing to the correct public IP, then after restarting the services, try reprovisioning one of the 3CXPhone for Android.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.