Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx using magic jack+

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mioduz, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mioduz

About 3-4 years ago I had a simple 3cx system. It was just set up in my home to take incoming calls on my landline via a gateway and direct outgoing calls through a sip account I had hacked out of a magic jack.
    It worked OK but if I recall getting the sip info was always a big pain and if I recall it changed from time to time.

I now have a small home based business and would like a more professional phone system. My thoughts are to get a magic jack + which no longer need to be connected to a PC to function

My questions are:
    Is it possible to steal the sip info from the magic jack + still?

Would it be easier to just plug the magic jack into my gateway?

Is there any other sip providers that will offer an equivalent service for comperable price?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

No, I had one for a couple of years and looked into that. While it was possible early on, it isn't any longer...they caught on.

That's how you will have to do it.

I haven't seen any that offer unlimited service (of course there are limits), for a flat yearly fee. Most are billed by the minute, second, or somewhere in-between.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

There is nothing quite like a magic jack plan I've had one since 2009 which is why we still have it but its simply forwarded to our sip trunks as however there are other carriers who have unlimited plans as well though they all require multiple call trunks usually as low 19.99 to as high as $29.99. It all depends on where you are and where you are calling to, are you located in the US? mainly domestic LD or is there international as well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I still route calls through a Google Voice gateway.. but I wouldn't suggest doing it for anything all too useful.. test/demo, it is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.