• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX using Patton 4114 has poor voice quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabco

Reaction score
Hi,
I installed a 3CX system for a client about 3 months ago consisting of a 3CX server with 32 SC license, 25 Yealink T26's, and 5 Patton 4112's. In the Main Office we have the 3CX, 3 x Patton 4114's, and 23 Yealink phones. There are two SOHO site each with a Patton 4114 and a Yealink Phone connected via VPN to the main office. All calls from phone to phone have great voice quality, all calls inbound or outbound on thier Patton 4114 from each of the SOHO sites have great voice quality even when transferred to the Main Office, however, all calls inbound or outbound from any of the 3 x Patton 4114's at the Main Office have poor voice quality.
This is the complete opposite to an VoIP challenges iIve ever experienced with any of the hundreds of VoIP phone systems I have installed to date.
It is noteworthy that if I move phones and gateways to different ports on the Cisco switch the issues clears up for a few minutes.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Mike

if you have QOS enabled on the network, could you disable it and test again?

QoS has not yet been switched on.

run some status on the ports and see what is happening to them thay may be causing the ports to cause the issues. are the ports and the pattons both set to autonegotiate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.