3cx v. 15.0.59381.0 backup not working.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mic.max, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mic.max

Backup not working,

when select path local or ftp don't show any previous backup, when start task to create backup don't make any file of backup.

Is a bug?

Thanks.

2. 12494

12494 Member

It works for us. I suggest you focus on path local first. Set the path, run a backup and then see if the backup is shown on your screen.
    If you get that far then work with the ftp. Verify first that you have correct ftp address and credentials.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mic.max

Ftp setting are correct, when i select local patente nothing is showing (old backup present in tre folder).

Is possible debug process?

Thank's

4. mic.max

Ftp setting are correct, when i select local patente nothing is showing (old backup present in tre folder).

Is possible debug process?

Thank's

5. mic.max

Testing local path working, but FTP non working !

I verify ftp setting and all is correct! What's problem?

6. mic.max

SOLVED

is a problem with ftp path, i adjust it non ftp server and working!

But another problem i've, when select big backup (es. with recordings calls) and backup process make more time, the backup fails. I think the backup process start and open ftp connection but data are transferred when local copies are done, in this situation is possible the ftp server timeout option kill the connection, but 3cx not reopen this than backup fail!
    can this is the problem ?

is a good idea to send every 50-60 seconds a "NOOP" command to ftp server to keep the connection open!

Thanks

7. 12494

12494 Member

Here's what we do.
    We want a local backup and an offsite back.
    Since 3CX doesn't presently give an option to create multiple backup 'jobs' for one pbx we use 3CX to create the local backup.
    We then run a scheduled task in Windows to do the FTP upload. Perhaps this will get around your issue if the 3CX ftp process is timing out. Or maybe your FTP server has some issue with large backups which isn't going to be overcome by changing things on the pbx side???
    Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mic.max

thank's for your reply!

The problem is the timeout connection, other software i use for ftp backup send much larger files with no problem at same ftp server !

i think is a good idea for 3cx to send every 50-60 seconds a "NOOP" command to ftp server to keep the connection open!

your work around probably work !

9. mic.max

CONFIRMED is a bad 3cx ftp backup process management!

i debug a FTP backup process and find this:

when click Ok on backup 3cx open connection to ftp server (port 21 for host and port 20 for sending data) then this connection stand by since the local copy (c:\winsows\temo\tmpfile.tmp) as completed, after file are sending on ftp server.
    This cause in mosts cases the timeout of connection (host or data) when the backup to save a lot of data and it takes longer time!

Other software of backup open connection on ftp after complete a local temporary files, or they open conncetion before but keep open by sending every 60 seconds of "NOOP" instructions to all connection then this restart timeout value on ftp server!

I suggest to 3CX to improve the backup process to the FTP server by referring to what I suggested!

I've tested to set timeout variables (idle_session_timeout and data_connection_timeout) a big larger value (24 hours) on my ftp server, and backup are working perfectly and make a backup file of 3.5GB, but this is a test, normally a ftp server have timeout value default 10 minutes for host connection and 5 minutes or less for data connection !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.