Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX v10 and VMware support / certification ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fatboy40, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I’ve used 3CX in the past, version 9 to be specific, and where I currently work we have a project where we may potentially setup 3CX v10 and I have a question in regards to running 3CX v10 on a Virtual Machine which is hosted on a VMware ESX 4.x cluster.

Looking at the 3CX website, and the supporting documentation, I see no references to VMware ESX and whether or not 3CX v10 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 hosted on a VMware ESX 4.x cluster is a supported configuration. Is anyone able to confirm where 3CX officialy stands on this ?.

Thanks.

(I've also e-mailed the UK contact e-mail address with this question)

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This is no official answer - but we are running 60+ extensions on Windows 7 VM'd on a 2011 Mac Mini with 8gb ram.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kylejoe1

Works fine in a demo setup, vSphere 5 on ESXi hosts (via SAN)... 4VCPU, 8 GIGs ram on a Windows 2008 R2 Data Center server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. netswork

netswork Active Member

Many people are hosting 3cx installs via vmware, myself included. I have had no problems as a result of it being run in vmware.

5. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Thanks everyone.

Still awaiting an official reply from 3CX regarding the e-mail I sent them, I'll update this thread when I get one.

6. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Still no reply from 3CX on this, other than 'thank you for your e-mail' which I only received after chasing them up.

Dissapointing :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.