• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX V10 - Caller ID pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pique

Reaction score
We have recently installed 3cx V10 voip to each workstation in our organisation.
Three of these PC's have internet access - the remainder are limited access.

It has been noticed that when an external call comes in on the internet access PC's, the pop up contact ID shows the callers name or relavent info, however they are not in our local microsoft contacts list.
On the limited internet PC's, only the phone number shows. :?: :?:

Can anyone, please, tell me what database the internet enabled PC's are accessing for caller contact information, I am assuming it is a web site such as "whitepages". If so, then we can enable the limited internet PC's to be able to access that website phone record database or whatever it is. P.S we are in New Zealand.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation. 8|

Hi, it’s all done by 3CX PBX, you shouldn’t need internet access for this to work, only the 3CX server would need this if using VoIP.

So longs the PCs without internet access are able to access 3CX then I don’t see this being an issue, I would suspect it to be a restriction in place (if you have Active Directory “Domain Controller”) that is blocking the pop ups from working, or the 3CX MyPhone is not setup correctly on theses pc's

Thanks for the quick response David. Will check this out tomorrow back in the office.
I will also consult with our main IT person about the 3CX server settings.
Cheers.

Any update on this, I think I am having the same issue:

My Caller ID name is not showing in my phone. I have:

Is the Caller ID name from the company phonebook supposed to show up in myphone now, instead of just the number. Mine doesnt and I was hoping this SP would fix the issue.

1) I have callerid and phonebook matching checked in the admin portal, and configured to min lenght of 6 digits.
1) I entered my cell phone number into the company addressbook.
2) I have myphone version 10 w/ desktop components version 10.0.19547.1805 installed
3) I call from my cell phone, and the name shows up on my phone as its typed into the company phonebook, but it doesnt show on myphone

I am running my phone on 2 windows 7 (1 32 bit, 1 64 bit machines), all firewalls turned off, and UAC turned off. Also the user is a local admin, and domain Admin.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Coming soon!!!

Very cool. I check the blog everyday looking for the next release. Days, weeks, or longer?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.