3CX v10 Feedback

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by icecactus, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icecactus

Hey guys,i have been a user of your phone system for 2 years. I just upgraded to v10 about a month ago and i want to share my thoughts. First let me say i really like your phone system. Its easy to use and being a tech guy, i don't need a to pay a phone company to set it up/maintain it. I can do it myself.

I have to disagree with your decision to use silverlight for the MyPhone app. Im sure the thought of having it work across multiple OS's was the main driving factor, but was a poor choice. Instead of having something that works good for the far majority of people you have something that is sub par for everyone.

1) its slow compared to the windows app
    2) chat doesn't work as one would expect, doesn't popup etc..we use chat all the time here. To message during phone calls etc..this really pissed me off, i had to go install an external chat client on every PC now.
    3) No minimize to tray. Yeah this is really annoying.

Why not use WPF with clickonce to solve the deployment/update issue? Your having to install stuff on client PC anyway for outlook integration...In my opinion the myphone app should be integrated and work seamlessly with the desktop, not get in the way like it is now.

Anyway, i hope this gets taken as constructive criticism, as i do like everything else. I just feel the myphone app in its current form is taking a step back. Maybe you could create a more intergrated WPF version since it shouldn't be to hard to port from silverlight since its a subset of WPF.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

#2 and #3 are supposed to be addressed in the upcoming Service Pack 2. As for #1, it not super responsive but not to the point that I am complaining about it. I think you are going to see lots of improvements coming in the days,weeks,months ahead as MyPhone catches, and then surpasses the older Assistant. That's just my predication, so take it for what its worth.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ivort

+1 for all of icecactus points. The whole myphone Silverlight thing is a big step backwards in usability and responsiveness for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.