Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX v10 not connecting external calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by redrockadmin, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redrockadmin

3CX v10 Pro
    Windows Server 2008R2 w/ SP1
    Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.1
    2 Patton SN-4114 Gateways
    10 Grandstream GXP2100 phones

System has worked pretty flawlessly for 2+ years. We've had to occasionally restart the 3CX services when it would stop notifying about voicemails, but that was only about once a month. Last week, we starting having some problems answering incoming calls. When a call would come in, it would not ring everyone in the ring group at once. It would slowly pick one, then add each member of the ring group until all the phones were ringing correctly. When someone would pick up, it would lag on the time to actually connect to the caller - sometimes up to 8 seconds. While the first person had tried to answer the call, the remaining extensions in the ring group would continue to ring until the call was connected with one of the extensions. This has gotten worse and is now happening on all of our calls. I have watched the server closely for any issues and have seen that the Ports/Trunks to the two gateways will randomly disconnect. We have restarted the 3CX services, the Windows Server, the gateways, the network switch, and the phones. I am at a loss on how to fix this and am ready to reinstall onto a Server 2012 R2 today but I am not sure what will fix it since we did not make any changes to begin with. A log of an incoming call is attached. Please help.

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the Server just seems to sluggish, I would want to have a look at the task manager to see what is actually running and what percentage of time each process is using. If no new software has been knowingly installed, nor any recent updates, then there is always a possibility of a virus/trojan, or even an aggressive anti virus program.

It could also have something to do with available memory on the server. If memory is not "cleared" then the hard drive is used for temporary storage.

Did you try a complete shutdown of the server (OS) to see if response is better after a restart?

3. redrockadmin

Yes, I have checked task manager for out of control processes or anything hogging memory. There is nothing out of the ordinary. I have restarted the full OS twice to no avail. I have also rolled back the latest Windows updates from July to see if they caused this issue, but that has had no effect.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may want to run a memory test program along with a (depending on the OS) defrag and check, of the hard drive. There are also a few shareware programmes that will do a quick test of overall system speed.

If it is not a running program, hogging processor time, then the other option is that is is a hardware issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.