3CX V10 Sp1.1 Yealink Plug and Play not working **Solved

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Eurylink, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

I tested tooday 3CX V10 sp1.1 plug and play function with 10 yealink T28. Plug and play was working correctly with 3CX v.9 but with v.10 phones are recognized and provisioned correctly only for the extension but not for BLF and languages.
    If we manually insert provisioning string on the phone all is working good but it seems that Plug and play function is not able to insert provisioning string correctly on the phone.
    You can simply reproduce this bug resetting a T28 unit to factory default and programming with P&P procedure under 3CX v.10.

Tx in advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Re: 3CX V10 Sp1.1 Yealink Plug and Play not working

Anyone has this problem or tested the Yealink P&P function with 3CX v. 10 ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. snowsam

Yes, I am trying to test right now with my first two Yealinks and am hitting a dead end. I'm on 3CX v10 sp 1.1.

I when setting up the phone via the 3CX web interface ( http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Yealink-IP-phone.html ) I see the file getting created on the web server's directory and I've got my DHCP option 66 set up ( http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/DHCP-option-66.html ) and working fine for the polycom phones that are already on the system and provisioned.

The Yealinks are getting a DHCP ip address sent to them, but no indication that they are downloading the provisioning info. In addition, I just uploaded the new yealink firmware to the 3CX web interface ( http://www.3cx.com/blog/ip-phone-configuration/upgrading-firmware-yealink/ ) and it does not seem to be seen either.

What other troubleshooting can I do?

4. snowsam

I took a hint from http://apetec.com/voip/3CX-YlnkProvision.htm and logged into the web interface. I then went to "upgrade" and then "advanced".

I turned "check new config" to "power on" and put the URL for my option 66 in as the "URL".

After saving I hit "auto-provision" and the phone went and pulled down a config and set its self up. But why did it not do that out of the box using the option 66? Maybe that is where the problem exists? My URL looks like http://172.18.9.26:5000/provisioning/ -- maybe yealink has problems with the port 5000?

As I said, it is working fine for my polycom 550/650 phones, coming from a windows 2003 DHCP server.

Sam

5. snowsam

Further update: My error may be that the option 66 url had a trailing space at the end. That hint came from the syslog that I downloaded from the phone, which showed entries like:

Note the extra slashes and the space when it tried the download the file from the web server.

I shut the phones down before I left, I'll have to test in the morning.

6. FBW

FBW New Member

We just tried provisioning a Yealink T26P. It worked without any problem.
    We didn't even had to change the check config to "at power on". It just worked.

7. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

the problem is not provisioning but provisioning with Plug and play ! If we provision a yealink phone inserting string directly or by option 66 all is working good. The problem is only if you are previsioning yealink only by Plug and Play connecting Phone and assigning an extension directly. In this case (only in this case !) BLF and language selection are not provisioned.

Tx

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Do you see the new device in the phones page?

IS your pbx running on port 5060? (NOTE PLUG AND PLAY to work pbx must be running on 5060)

I made a test now with a Yealink T28
    Reset to FACTORY RESET
    Reboot phone
    After a while I see this in the phones page

I right click on the entry and Select an existing extension in my case.
    Extension comes up, Mac is put in the mac field, Exact template is selected,
    I add BLF's and shared parking
    Press APPLY.

Sit back and relax - Yealink will reboot.

Phone comes up, registers, subscribes to all blf's

Tested with the firmware you see in the image on 3CX Phone System Service pack 1.1

You have to check what is happening and start step by step. Do not modify anything after the factory reset and make sure you work with the standard template and that your network is ok.

Attached Files:

9. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Yes it's running on 5060

I do exactly the same

When Yealink T28 (10 phones) reboot they are correctly registered on the extensione but display language and blf are not provisioned. If I log in Yealink web configuration blf are empty.

My firmware is exactly the same

Maybe a corrupted template (can you provide me the original one) ? Network is certified and ok.
    I noticed that in the web configuration of yealink the field "Url" under "update" tab is empty after plug and play configuration. Is that normal ? If I manually insert "http://3CXIP:5000/provisioning/" blf and language start working.

Tx in advance

10. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Tx solved.
    Maybe the problem is in factory default. I do factory default by pressing OK for 7 seconds and not from web interface. For some reason this not reset completely the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.