3CX v11 Beta = WOW!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KerryG, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I installed v11 and have been going through it and there are quite a few things in it that were not mentioned in the announcement. Some of my favorite new things are:

* Extension filter on server activity log
    * Emergency numbers that bypass trunk rules
    * 3CX MyPhone Clients node so you can see who is logged in and some status information
    * Web Reports are VERY well done!!

Have fun, this is going to be a GREAT release!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Yes - lots of great stuff! Glad to have Park Recall.

I have just found that the IMPORT EXTENSION has been rewritten.
    The manual points to the v10 import which is not the same...

I think I have it all - maybe...

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I guess I have to say my new favorite feature (which I just discovered was in there) is now built-in support for Vitelity trunks!!

4. regomotiv

Support for Vitelity trunks, really?

Just as am I'm in the process of moving all my SIP trunks to another provider! oh well

5. cpontus

Sounds nice so far! I'm just wrapping up a long evaluation of 3CX v10 and should be purchasing it soon.

I love the idea of a software PBX for just this reason -- constantly evolving functionality rather than a piece of hardware that's locked in the stone ages (our current PBX runs on a 486!)

I'm really looking forward to MOH in version 11. With that the feature implemented 3CX equals and surpasses our existing setup.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi guys

Import extension template is available from here -

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/misc/ImportExtensionTemplateV11.csv

Let us know if you need any assistance.

7. astuke

Where is the Distinctive ring feature.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The distinctive ringing is configurable from the templates. We configure it per phone. Not all phones support this.

All you need to do is provision a phone using the 3CX template.

As a first test get this provisioned extension, add it to a queue and make a call to it. When the call is coming from the queue, if your phone works, it will ring a different ringer.

Cisco Yealink Grandstream have this feature.

9. axiom

So is the distinctive ring feature not available on polycom phones? I was looking through the provisioning template for the polycom 550's which we use in our office and found this.

<!-- se.rt.custom2 intentionally not used -->
    <se
    se.rt.custom1.name="3CX Auto Answer"
    se.rt.custom1.ringer="default"
    se.rt.custom1.type="answer"

se.rt.custom3.name="3CX External"
    se.rt.custom3.ringer="ringer3"

se.rt.custom4.name="3CX International"
    se.rt.custom4.ringer="ringer4"

se.rt.custom5.name="3CX IVR"
    se.rt.custom5.ringer="ringer5"

se.rt.custom6.name="3CX Local"
    se.rt.custom6.ringer="ringer6"

se.rt.custom7.name="3CX National"
    se.rt.custom7.ringer="ringer7"

se.rt.custom8.name="3CX Queue"
    se.rt.custom8.ringer="ringer8"
    />

It looks like that is a set up for distinctive ring but it says at top it is not used. Is it just a place holder for the future?

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Polycom phones is to complex - sorry. This has been untested.

You have a sample there in the template. You need to figure out which boot rom, firmware (combination) to use.

From what I see <!-- se.rt.custom2 intentionally not used --> is not used. The rest should be enabled.

11. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

For all that do not have a spare server or just want to look around, we have made a public demo server available at:

http://3cxdemo.sigmavoip.com:5000

user: admin
    password: SigmaVoIP

Lots of great stuff

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Nice one charles - we should put this link on the blog....

13. Chalky

This is my new favourite feature:

Now I've just got to alter all my Phonebook entries again so that they are in 3CX properly AND display properly!

Attached Files:

14. efounco

efounco New Member

I have a quick question regarding the "Music On Hold Audio Service" settings. If I set this up to randomly play audio files from a specified folder, will it effect shared parking also? God, I hope so!

15. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Well - you need to do the following:

You create the music on hold play list to play a random set of files (shuffle) from a folder that contains a list of audio files Wav.

This will have a name - Example MyMusicOnHold [Playlist]

The below locations will allow you to add this playlist as a music on hold
    Parking orbit tab (Music on hold field)
    General Music on hold
    Conference tab - Music on hold
    Queue section - Music on hold,,,,,

...you will see MyMusicOnHold [Playlist] as an available option for selection when you click on the browse button. This will be a shared location for all these sections if you want thus consuming less resources because with this approach less files are cached.

Good luck!!

16. netswork

netswork Active Member

This is my favorite feature:

Attached Files:

17. netswork

netswork Active Member

Somewhat bummed now that I found out you have to have pro license to push presence in both directions.

The parking to shared park from my phone is awesome. Listen too and deleting recordings from Myphone is a really nice feature. Also digging the custom status changes. Overall, pretty nice set of new features....just wish you could see presence across bridges in all paid versions.

18. cbongard

Question regarding remote extension presence information:
    We are a multi-office company and are considering a company-wide 3CX deployment. One of the pitfalls of v10 was the inability to see remote office extension status'. With the new features coming in v11, we are excited to run further tests when the v11 is released. Let's say we have a single server (in our Corporate office) as a master, and multiple remote offices connecting to the single "master" server. Will each remote office have the ability to see presence information ALL the way across the corporation? Meaining, will the remote office be able to see the other remote offices THROUGH the master server? Or would we need to create seperate bridges to EACH system (in a mesh configuration)?

19. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

each pbx will need to have a point to point bridge or tunnel connection.
    The presence information will be passed point to point using connection information from the bridge.

Therefore no - the presence will not be made via 1 master connection. The traffic is sent direct back and forth to each pbx.

Example I have 3 3CX's - A B and C
    A and B must be connected via 3CX Bridging technology
    B and C must be connected via 3CX Bridging technology
    A and C must be connected via 3CX Bridging technology

At this point MyPhoneuser@A will see 2 tabs PBXB and PBXC
    At this point MyPhoneuser@B will see 2 tabs PBXA and PBXC
    At this point MyPhoneuser@C will see 2 tabs PBXA and PBXB

PBX A will send and receive presence information directly to/from pbx B and to/from pbx C
    PBX B will send and receive presence information directly to/from pbx A and to/from pbx C
    PBX C will send and receive presence information directly to/from pbx A and to/from pbx B

Hope this helps - Note - All pbx must have a license PRO and ENT for this to work both ways.

20. cbongard

The full mesh configuration makes sense. Thanks.

BUT, we will need both a PRO AND Ent license, or just EITHER pro OR ent license for this to work? We would DEFINATELY have all servers at the PRO level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.