3CX v11 - Management Console refresh rate

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ColinS, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColinS

Hello everyone :D. First post.

I'm evaluating v11 of the Phone System for our micro-business and I am very impressed with it. So far I only have a couple of (probably related) minor issues with it, which I hope are an equally minor configuration fix somewhere that I can't find.

When using the Management Console I notice that it is refreshing at an approx 1-2 sec interval. The consequence of this is that is seems to make it difficult to use it - in the sense that I have to time mouse clicks on the node tree 'between' refeshes or they are lost/ignored. Additionally I have noticed that it is hard to expand menu items or scroll drop-down boxes with the mouse for what I assume is the same reason.

Is it possible to configure a lower refresh interval, or do I just not understand something? :S

Host is Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit (sorry, but that's life for SMEs!)

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are two management consoles with 3CX. There is the Management Console, which is a web based interface, and then there is the Windows Management Console (WMC), which is a direct interface into the application. I have not noticed any delay or other response issue when using the (WMC), but I have seen some when using the web based. There are no adjustments to either that I am aware of, so you may want to use the WMC instead and also assuming that you can (not remote).

3. ColinS

Many thanks, that does it for me too. I hadn't appreciated the significance of the WMC, as (my reading of) the system manual only seemed to make reference to the web interface. Just as you say, no issues with this console, even works remotely via Remote Desktop Connection. If anyone from 3CX is interested, as feedback, I would say that the web refresh makes significant parts of the Web Management Console pretty much unusuable, in my limited experience.

Many thanks again for the correct steer. :D

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Use the WMC as Ineblett suggested I've never noticed that delay nor, experienced any of the same issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. imabev

Colin I have found that when I use IE (internet explorer) the refresh rate is beyond annoying and does make you chase some of your changes bc of the rapid refresh rate. I mostly use firefox and the refresh rate is not noticeable at all.

6. jpillow

Colin I have found that when I use IE (internet explorer) the refresh rate is beyond annoying and does make you chase some of your changes bc of the rapid refresh rate. I mostly use firefox and the refresh rate is not noticeable at all.[/quote]

That may be why I've never noticed that refresh rate on any of our installs I always use WMC and if accessing from my laptop on the network I use firefox.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jpillow

[/quote] Colin I have found that when I use IE (internet explorer) the refresh rate is beyond annoying and does make you chase some of your changes bc of the rapid refresh rate. I mostly use firefox and the refresh rate is not noticeable at all.[/quote]

That may be why I've never noticed that refresh rate on any of our installs I always use WMC and if accessing from my laptop on the network I use firefox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.