3cx v11 SP3 - In/Out bound calls were failed suddenly

Discussion in 'Windows' started by santosh99, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santosh99

Hi,

We are running 3cx v11 SP3 voips in our office, suddenly today all of In/Out bound calls were failed, even within extensions I couldn't make any calls. All 3cx services are running to be found.

After I restart the phone system service, the phone system back online.

kindly let me know if any one has faced this kind of issue and solution.
    It will be help full for every one.

Best regards,
    Santosh

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This could have been a "one of" situation. It may have been the result of some other application running on the computer that has not freed up memory. If it happens again (now you're getting a "pattern"), then check the computer to see what else is going on , before re-booting. Have a look at the Task Manager to see what is using (hogging?) resources,there may be some Windows logs (Administrative Tools/Event Viewer), that can be reviewed. You don't say what sort of system (hardware/operating system version/other applications running), that you are dealing with

3. santosh99

Thanks for your response !

The 3cx is installed on the virtual machine (details mentioned below) & there are no other application running on the machine. We are using this machine for only 3cx.
    Please let me know what will be the root cause of this incident and let me know if you requires any other information, Many thanks in advance.

Details:
    Physical server: HP ProLiant DL 360 G5, CPU cores: 8CPUs* 2 GHz, Processor type: intel xeon E5335 @ 2.00GHz, processors sockets 2
    Virtual machine configuration: Microsoft windows 7 (64-bit), VM version: 8, CPU: 4vCPU, Memory: 8GB
    Other services: None
    3cx: version 11, service pack 3

Best regards,
    Santosh

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is like asking.."My car stalled once, can you tell me why?"

Unless you can duplicate this, or it begins happening on a regular basis, you may never know what the cause was.

3CX is running on so many different pieces of hardware, alongside the combination of (dare I say) millions of different programs, so, every installation is going to be (at the very least) slightly different. If this happens again, you will have to enlist the help of someone familiar with the operating system, to determine what is happening, in your case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.