3CX v12 and Linux - Myphone still available?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scintaar, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scintaar

Hi,

I like the move away from Silverlight in v12 and the new, integrated 3CXphone/Myphone client - so much better! ;)

However, with the move away from silverlight, I was hoping this would open the door to the Linux users for accessing the more advanced extension managemnt features thet MyPhone provides for everyone else. Is there a plan to still make the Myphone web app available in the final release?
    I figure that way Linux users can then use whatever soft client works for them but still access the more useful extension management tools.

Thanks,
    Stan

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

This is a Windows system and we do not care about Linux....

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Speak for yourself, buddy..
    Given that the "MyPhone" components are still being served via web.. there may yet be hope for a Linux-compatible interface.. idealy using something standard enough like Java or HTML5 perhaps.. couldn't much say otherwise.

4. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

I'm not speaking for myself.... "buddy" we don't want crap linux...

5. bardissi

bardissi Member

I would say put this in as a feature request on facebook.

I know the move to V12 was pushing more towards an installable app for Windows and soon MAC.

That being said also pushing a web app may be a tall order at this juncture.

6. ezpc

mylove4life - I hope you are joking!?

(unless I am reading wrong) This is not talking about moving the PBX from Windows to Linux (which would actually save many of my clients a lot of money if they didn't have to buy a License!)... This is talking about the Myphone application which for many features is an ESSENTIAL part of 3CX.

I have sold 3CX to a client who has a call center and save money by running Linux in a locked down environment - their business app is all web based so it works VERY well, and they just have Myphone running via Silverlight on Mono/Linux.

Whilst I do see the end of Silverlight and the move to native apps is better, the fact is, the old version ran everywhere and this one is a showstopper for some users - I am having to delay the upgrade until there is a myphone replacement for Linux... (or, I can figure out how to call the APIs directly!).

Also, when I get more time, I haven't ruled out testing the Windows App running on Mono! I just feel that knowing my luck, it could lead to problems down the line.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.