• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX V12 - Auto Logout from Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

warever

Customer
Reaction score
From what I can find, if you go to the extension settings, then the Office Hours Scheduling tab, and then check "log out from queues when not available (Away / Out of Office)" it will log you out of all queues if you set your extension to Away or Out of Office. According to the info button, though, it looks like it will automatically log you back IN when you're available. And the "Automatically change extension profile based on time of day" option allows for automatically setting you to Out of Office when after hours, and then to Available during business hours.

Combined, those two SHOULD seemingly log you out of all queues automatically, but the problem is that according to the info button, they'll also log you back IN automatically.

I don't want to have users automatically logged IN, just OUT. That way, if someone forgets to log out at the end of the day, they'll be logged out automatically. But if they're off some particular day, or out sick or something, I do NOT want them to wind up logged IN automatically.

Is there a way to do that? Or is the info button WRONG and it will log you OUT but not IN?

I found the Following answer in a forum, when I was having this same problem. It worked for me, verified it again this morning. I have bolded the part that will help you,

For all those looking for a solution, I believe I've found one; a workaround, at least. I'll confirm if it works in practice soon.

Basically, every user is bound by office hours-- this is what logs them into queues automatically-- and their office hours can't be set to nil.

It doesn't make sense to edit the global office hours, because that also controls certain global prompts/phone trees/etc., so we've got to enable individual office hours for each extension you don't want to auto log in.

Do this by choosing the extension, then by clicking "Office Hours Scheduling"
Choose "This Extension uses Specific Office Hours" and click "Configure"
If a user does keep standard hours for calling, feel free to input their specific hours.
If a user works nonstandard shifts, or has a rotating schedule, this is the best option:
Set the user's office hours for 1 minute of "dead time" when your business is closed. For example, I've used Sunday at 1:00am - 1:01am. This fulfills 3CX's need for each user to have office hours, while negating the auto-login shuffle; they will be logged in for one minute Sunday morning, then logged out. They will remain logged out the remainder of the week unless the user, or the queue manager manually logs them in. Combined with auto-logout at idle (configured through the 3CX softphone application), this method should prevent autologin while still logging out users who may have forgotten to log out at the end of the workday.

I got this working with a test queue and a test user, and I'm rolling it out to our CS queue today. I'll update this thread to let you know if it works as intended.

Ideally, the 3CX management portal would include a checkbox at the extension level, or at the queue level which would enable/disable auto-login during office hours. Please consider it, 3CX.

EDIT: confirmed working!

Reactions: SynsipITCEE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.