Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX v12 - CTI mode disables headset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smash_jl, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smash_jl

Hey guys,

we are having an issue with the new 3cx version, When in CTI mode, latest Yealink firmware, using a Yealink t28p,

When you initiate a call from the PC with cti, ( the hotkey or the live dialpad or external programs), The headset button deactivates and the call is placed using the intercom/speakerphone, We use the feature regularly and with a number of agents logged in, it gets quite distracting having everyone's phone live dial over speaker phone and having to hit the headset button on every call,

Can anyone point me to the proper perfect storm of configuration to stop this from happening and leave the headset persistently activated?

Thanks
    Jamie,

2. smash_jl

No one has run into this?

I was expecting others to have this exact problem,

Guess ill have to cut a ticket with support,

Jamie,

3. rogueblackburn

Yes, do have the same problem, but no answer, hence just watching what develops from your post

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi smash_jl,

Your best solution would be to use the 3CXPhone in SIP mode (which in the next update will also allow you to select where to output sound to for calls) or if your IP Phones allow it, plug in the headset in them instead of the pc to reroute the sound. If you have any other further questions please feel free to ask, and thank you for your input.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. smash_jl

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the attempt,

Unfortunately the headset IS connected to the phone, we do not use the softphone for anything other then CTI mode, live dial pad and dialing shortcuts/integration,

The phones are all one of the most supported phones in your software, Yealink,

and as mentioned when the my phone app sends the call to the physical hardware phone, the headset deactivates and then activates intercom/speaker, I then have to hit the headset button on every call to reactive the headset and get the call in my ear,

Make sense?

So is this a configuration thing, or something that changed since 3cx 11? it used to work with the old 3cx my phone v11,

Thanks
    Jamie,

6. layton

I'm not using headsets, but gut instinct tells me this is probably a phone configuration issue.

The first thing I would try is changing the "Headset Prior" option. I don't have access to a T28 to test, but on the T46 this is on the Features tab under the General Settings section. Alternately, it can be set via the config file - the entry is:
    features.headset_prior =

The default for this setting (both on the phone & with the v12 provisioning template) is disabled.

The other phone setting to look at is the "Ringer Device for Headset" option.on the T46 this option is on the Features tab under the Audio section. Alternately, it can be set via the config file - the entry is:
    features.ringer_device.is_use_headset =

This setting looks like it just affects where the phone plays the ring on inbound calls. Note that the default value for the phone (and the v12 provisioning templates) is "Use Speaker" instead of "Use Headset"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. itadmin-staff

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue while dialing from 3CXPhone v12 and the headset is plugged, in CTI mode it's dialing and using the speaker instead of the headset. I've tried to change the option "Headset prior" on the Yealink Phone (SIP-T22P) but it doesn't fix the problem.

In the previous 3CXPhone v11 release there was a workaround in cti_template.xml but I can't find a solution for this new release.
    http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=1064

Any help would be appreciated !

John

8. chrischevy

We also have the same problem here.
    Has anyone been able to fix it ?

9. andykeys

John's posting (above) mentioned a solution that worked for us...

We are using V.12 of 3CX and resolved this issue using the "cti_template.xml" method described in the link above ( i.e. http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=1064

We found the "cti_template.xml" file on the 3CX server machine in this folder; "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\MyPhone" directory

You need to ensure that the line you change in the XML file is under the section related to the phone model (or models) that are using the headset.

I should mention that our headset user is setup with the following kit ;
    - Yealink T26P (fw: 6.71.1.1)
    - Yealink EHS36 adaptor for Headset (fw: 1.16.0.0)
    - Plantronics CS510A Monaural DECT Headset

Regards
    Andy.

10. AlexDBarrett

Made the change as suggested and provisioned the phone however this does not seem to have fixed the issue.

Am I in the right place? I hace T22 and T32 handsets.

<supportedmodels>
    <ua>SIP-T19P</ua>
    <ua>SIP-T20P</ua>
    <ua>SIP-T21P</ua>
    <ua>SIP-T22P</ua>
    <ua>SIP-T26P</ua>
    <ua>SIP-T28P</ua>
    <ua>SIP-T32G</ua>
    <ua>SIP-T38G</ua>
    <ua>VP530P</ua>
    </supportedmodels>

<cticommands delim=";">
    <option value="make_call">http://%%deskphone_useraccount%%:%%deskphone_password%%@%%desktopphone_ipaddress%%/cgi-bin/cgiServer.exx?key=%%dialled_number%%;ENTER</option>

11. dlazure

this method havent worked for me, do i need to reboot the phones or the systeme to take effect?

12. SamB

In the 3cx Phone Client, click the settings button (Two cogs in bottom right), then select "Configure Accounts". Double click on the account, then select "Advanced" in the bottom left.

The very bottom option "Use intercom for Make Call" should be un-ticked.

That should sort it.

13. andykeys

Hi Alex,
    I think you are in the correct section of the file. However, I'm not sure, but it seems you are missing a semicolon after the "key=" part of the text, because the relevant line in our config file now looks like this;

<cticommands delim=";">
    <option value="make_call">http://%%deskphone_useraccount%%:%%deskphone_password%%@%%desktopphone_ipaddress%%/cgi-bin/cgiServer.exx?key=;%%dialled_number%%;ENTER</option>

I've not tested if the semicolon does anything, so I might be wrong to mention it.
    Regards
    Andy

14. andykeys

Hi dlazure,
    We did not need to restart the 3cx server, but we did re-start the "3cx phone" application on the user PC. Also, it may not have anything to do with it, but I will mention that we have "accept Intercom ? = disabled" on the Features \ Intercom section of the T26P phone settings GUI - as we don't need to use 'Intercom' in our office.
    Thanks
    Andy

15. karl-target

Hi
    We are using Yealink T22P and we having the same problem, I've tried the xml update, still not working.
    Does anyone have an update regarding this?
    Cheers
    Karl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.