Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX V12 / Galaxy S3 / Bluetooth issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by voiper, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voiper

Hello,

bluetooth functionality in 3CX V12 Android client is still buggy and not really usable.

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (GTI9300)
    - Android 4.2.2
    - Plantronics Voyager Bluetooth Headset

Issues:
    - Headset switch (to answer the phone / to end the phone) is not working, no handsfree operation possible
    - If Bluetooth device was used in 3CX, the BT function will be broken in the native Android dialer until BT is (re-)activated again

At least on the BT headset it should be possible to answer and finish the call using the headset switch.

Best regards

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Same here.

S3 (SPH-L710.. Sprint..)
    Android 4.3 (CyanogenMod 10.2.2130904-nightly)
    Plantronics M155

App does not handle my BT at all. If I double-tap, the Android dialer does a redial instead.. of course it couldn't reach "999" on Sprint, though..

3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi ian, Voiper

The android dialler does do a redial with the double tap on Bluetooth yes. You answer the call on the phone and then you can use the for hands free operation (speaking and listening) although not for ending the call from the Bluetooth headset, volume buttons work as well. Pair the phone with a car via Bluetooth and you can even use the steering wheel controls for Bluetooth no problem.

I see both of you are running Android versions 4.2.2 and 4.3 (actually specified the cyonogen mod) which means you are both running custom roms. I am also using an S3 GTi9300 on the official Samsung 4.1.2 Android release and the BT function is not broken in the native android dialler until BT is reactivated, so that must have something to do with your configuration. Please let me know if you have any further questions or inquiries.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. voiper

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your reply.

The serious inconvenience is located in the fact, that users can't take the call by the switch on bluetooth device (e.g. Plantronics Voyager).

I am technician AND user, so I use every day 3CX and its mobile capabilities. I had the big hope, that smartphones connected with BT headset will at least provide under 3CX the same functionality than native Android dialer. It's simply not pratical to answer many calls every day by open the case of the smartphone, taking the call and continue by headset (and later: do it again to finish the call). You can do that a few time, no problem. But if you have to answer much calls every day you'll call this scenario "unusable".

So I appeal to you developer of 3CX to make PRACTICAL decisions for the targeted user group. This small missing feature makes the 3CX Android client far less interesting and even near useless for all those people, who use all day long their BT headset to take many calls where their hands are REALLY free and they're able to continue their work.

Another example is the craftsman who CAN'T take this his hands to the smarthone just to answer a call. He will never accept it since he use his BT headset and it's keys and will even be able to control it by his voice (Plantronics Voyager).

For years, the Bluetooth function is a big Achilles' heel of 3CX mobile client and I really hope that you will be able to fix it.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Voiper

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Andreas..

Now that I am back to factory ROM at 4.1.2.. the behavior with BT has NOT CHANGED.. it still does NOT WORK.

Setting to factory meant a new install of 3CXPhone 12 and re-pairing my BT device.
    I made a call to myself from elsewhere.. would not answer the line on BT.. after answering, would not end the call either. Neither functions work.

Before poo-pooing a custom ROM and telling me how BT normally works on my phone which I already know.. fix 3CX Phone to work with BT correctly.

Now.. to find out why that nightly ROM failed to boot properly.. maybe try SlimBean.. meh.

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Ian,

if you noticed in my post i said "I am also using an S3 GTi9300 on the official Samsung 4.1.2 Android release and the BT function is not broken in the native android dialler until BT is reactivated, so that must have something to do with your configuration. Please let me know if you have any further questions or inquiries." that was referring to the problem voiper has with his Bluetooth (If Bluetooth device was used in 3CX, the BT function will be broken in the native Android dialer until BT is (re-)activated again) not to the one of using the answer/ end call button on Bluetooth headsets read the previous paragraph for that please.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.